Thread: Buying a Target Air Rifle from Germany

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I visited the Frankonia shop in Cologne last week whilst I was there as part of a river cruise holiday. It's a fantastic shop with all sorts of items for the 'hunter' and gun enthusiast. They had a number of air rifles on the rack are were quite happy to let me try handling them although they knew I was not going to make a purchase during that visit.

They suggested I ordered direct from their website. I did come away with a copy of their 575 page A4 catalogue "Alles fur die Jagd" - Everything for the Hunter.

I am still not sure exactly which target rifle I will be ordering but when I do decide I will certainly be ordering from Franconia over the internet.

Importing from Germany

Hi, on the point of bringing an air rifle by air from Germany, I recently travelled to Germany and on the way back picked up a Walther Carbontec. You only have to inform the carrier whilst booking your ticket that you are intending to carry an airgun. On checking in you are required to have the airgun inspected by German Border security who are mostly concerned about seeing the pentagon shape with the letter F. They also check that you have the original receipt. After that the airgun is checked in (cost me £50 extra as its classified as special baggage). Coming out from Heathrow was a breeze, so long as you can prove the airgun's muzzle velocity is below the legal limit, just have some official documents to prove this.

Aman