Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a Target Air Rifle from Germany

Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    What type of rifle are we talking about.

I have prices from at least three UK dealers and two German dealers for quite a few different rifles and pistols and it would be interesting to compare.

Also as you are in Northern Ireland, which is part of the UK I assume you would have to send any air weapon to another RFD for us to purchase face-to-face and this could well include a charge by the local RFD.
    Sorry, it was the earlier poster who we got the price for, not the OP (your good self)

It was a FWB 700ALU we quoted on. Happy to quote you on anything you like; as the previous guy has found out we don't look to sink you with a huge margin, he saved £350 on the next best UK quote.

Send me a PM if you wish

Ryan

Your price for the FWB 700 Alu is much better than most UK shops but I think the German website can still beat you on price.

At the current exchange rate two sites I have looked at would work out to be £1589 and £1539 plus of course the £22 they have quoted for delivery to an address in the UK.

I am going on a River Cruise in a week's time and I will be stopping for the day in Cologne where one of the shops is situated so I will probably have a look and see what I think of them.

If I do decide to buy in the UK I will certainly be in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Your price for the FWB 700 Alu is much better than most UK shops but I think the German website can still beat you on price.

At the current exchange rate two sites I have looked at would work out to be £1589 and £1539 plus of course the £22 they have quoted for delivery to an address in the UK.

I am going on a River Cruise in a week's time and I will be stopping for the day in Cologne where one of the shops is situated so I will probably have a look and see what I think of them.

If I do decide to buy in the UK I will certainly be in touch.
    Not going on a cruise, the price that is being quoted is good enough for me. I will be surprised if you can find any UK shops that get close to it... I did think about trying to arrange a business trip out to Germany but it is too much hassle to try to buy and bring an air rifle back on the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by jpayne View Post
    Not going on a cruise, the price that is being quoted is good enough for me. I will be surprised if you can find any UK shops that get close to it... I did think about trying to arrange a business trip out to Germany but it is too much hassle to try to buy and bring an air rifle back on the plane.
    Yes it is a good price and I agree, bringing it back myself by plane would involve too much hassle. I not sure that the river cruise boat would be over keen on me taking an air weapon on board either!! I do go to Germany quite often by car for holidays which would be a lot simpler than by plane.

I am only going to look at the shop to get an impression of what they are like. I have already emailed them and they have said that if I did decide to buy anything whilst I was there they would arrange for it to be sent to my home address for €17 (about £14) or I could order it from them using the internet when I got home.

If anyone is interested, I just spoke to my local dealer, they are happy to take the gun in and sign it into their book, so I am going ahead with this. I will post the outcome if anyone is interested but so far things look very good.

Jon

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpayne View Post
    If anyone is interested, I just spoke to my local dealer, they are happy to take the gun in and sign it into their book, so I am going ahead with this. I will post the outcome if anyone is interested but so far things look very good.

Jon
    Jon
    If you are buying FROM the EU TO the UK you do not have to have it sent to a dealer. The face to face does not apply in those circumstances, you can have it sent direct to you. The regulations legally exempt that requirement in transactions from the EU to the UK. Save yourself the cost and the hassle.
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 13-09-2010 at 09:37 AM. Reason: correction
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Interesting, I was not aware of that. Thanks for the info.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Jon
    Its one of those rare cases where EU law actually helps us! Rejoice and use it!
    I have bought from Germany, once payment is sorted they will despatch generaly by trackable DHL, it will arrive at your door in a couple of days.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

looking for eu discount

can someone point me in the direction of EU/german gun shops/websites?

thanks!!

Frankonia.de always a good place to start

I visited the Frankonia shop in Cologne last week whilst I was there as part of a river cruise holiday. It's a fantastic shop with all sorts of items for the 'hunter' and gun enthusiast. They had a number of air rifles on the rack are were quite happy to let me try handling them although they knew I was not going to make a purchase during that visit.

They suggested I ordered direct from their website. I did come away with a copy of their 575 page A4 catalogue "Alles fur die Jagd" - Everything for the Hunter.

I am still not sure exactly which target rifle I will be ordering but when I do decide I will certainly be ordering from Franconia over the internet.

Importing from Germany

Hi, on the point of bringing an air rifle by air from Germany, I recently travelled to Germany and on the way back picked up a Walther Carbontec. You only have to inform the carrier whilst booking your ticket that you are intending to carry an airgun. On checking in you are required to have the airgun inspected by German Border security who are mostly concerned about seeing the pentagon shape with the letter F. They also check that you have the original receipt. After that the airgun is checked in (cost me £50 extra as its classified as special baggage). Coming out from Heathrow was a breeze, so long as you can prove the airgun's muzzle velocity is below the legal limit, just have some official documents to prove this.

Aman