Thread: Bench rest

Bench rest

The Midland Bench Rest postal league will be run again this winter. This will be the 3rd season

2 new clubs have joined and so the number of divisions has been increased to 7. 41 teams of 3 shooters/team are competing

Short range bench rest shooting with Air and Rimfire does seem to be getting more popular and it will be interesting to see what changes the NSRA are going to make to their bench rest rules.

The winning team in division 1 has been a rimfire team from Paul Lane for the last 2 seasons but the gap between the best rimfire and the best air rifles is very small on an indoor range, and more air guns are coming into the sport

JSB manufactured pellets seem to be the best ammo. available still and I am surprised that H&N and Crossman have not come up with something comparable yet

Stickers and rules info for the winter league have now been posted
    Good shooting
    John
    hold me back !!

bench rest

Hi Dazz
    Unfortunately the Midland League do not have their own website
    The bench rest league is run on the net with electronic score cards,e-mailed results etc but the rest of the league - LSR, Black powder and pistol are mainly run the old fashioned way on paper
    ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

pm me and let me know the details of the site you / they want id be happy to put it together in my spare time

Hi, John. Our team are looking forward to shooting in the Midland Benchrest League again over the winter. It has taken the lads two seasons to get their equipment worked up but now they are putting in some good scores. We don't have good benches which is a handicap but they are working around that. I am shooting Midland LWSR rather than Benchrest so I am looking forward to that one. Many thanks, Charley

Quote Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
    Hi, John. Our team are looking forward to shooting in the Midland Benchrest League again over the winter. It has taken the lads two seasons to get their equipment worked up but now they are putting in some good scores. We don't have good benches which is a handicap but they are working around that. I am shooting Midland LWSR rather than Benchrest so I am looking forward to that one. Many thanks, Charley
    Hi Charley,
    I am also running the Midland LSR again divs 7-11, Alan Lowe is again doing divs 1-6. Recently J Fudge at our club altered the LSR software for me and brought it into line with the benchrest software for recording scores etc and this has helped considerably, cutting my time down by at least half in issuing results each round.
    Do your shooters use Rimfire or Air rifle for LSR?
    Regards
    John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by mat BRC View Post
    pm me and let me know the details of the site you / they want id be happy to put it together in my spare time

Thanks Mat

Could you let me know if the site would have costs associated with registration/maintenance etc ?

Unfortunately the guys who established the League many years ago are not into using computers but i certainly see the benefits of even a basic website that gives some history and explains the shooting disciplines that we take part in and has some contact details
    I will discuss your offer with our Chairman
    John
    hold me back !!

Hi, John. Some of our LWSR shooters use air and some use .22LR. I will be useing my BSA Supersport 5 which is staggeringly accurate and reliable despite being about 50 years old. We have got our LWSR cards stickered and will start shooting them this week. Many thanks, Charley

midland league

Hi John.
    The Midland is the favorite league of the PAUL LANE shooters,I think it is because we have so many shooting this league that we do so well.
    The gang at Buxted were asking if they could join in {New Managment
    Anyway you have got a great league going and long may it continue.
    Paul Lane will be holding some little comp's in the future if anyone is interested in shooting man v man get in touch,indoor/outdoor.25and 50m.
    Regards John F.

results

is there any way to see how the winter bench rest is doing at present