Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daystate Mk3 FT and HFT option, input needed

Quote Originally Posted by DAR
    Any more suggestions or comments?

Yes, Buy any other rifle Daystate make and save yourself the hassle.

David.
    NO WAY! The Mk3 is an excellent rifle.

ACTAEON. Mine (an early B model) beeps after 30 minutes of 'standby' time. I know you can switch the light/beep off on the safety. Cant you do this with the Standby Reminder? Never tried it with mine because I like my 'baby to talk to me'
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Actaeon Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J.
    Mine (an early B model) beeps after 30 minutes of 'standby' time. I know you can switch the light/beep off on the safety. Cant you do this with the Standby Reminder? Never tried it with mine because I like my 'baby to talk to me'
    I think mine is something like 25 mins, but to be honest I've never timed it. I just know that after an uncertain period of time it's going to beep - I've turned the disco lighting off on mine because I use it as a lamping gun as well, but I've not found a setting to turn off the beeps. Some of the beeps are useful though, like the shot counter.

I can live with it, but if Mr Snook is asking for suggestions then a programmable standby gets my vote.

Darren Petts Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by David Snook
    We have experimented with a pellet sensor and it works well. It will only fire when the breech is closed and a pellet is seated. The only problem being that is does add expense and complexity.

The “button” breech (as used at this year’s CLA speed shoot) uses a simpler system; the gun will not fire until the breech is closed. Once the gun has fired the breech has to be opened and closed again to arm it (rather like coking an action). The only downside is that if the breech is closed and unloaded and the safety is switched off and back on, the gun can fire a blank. This feature can be added in the future, would it be desirable?
    The second option sounds good if the first is prohibitive due to expense or complexity.

Auto-Safety

I.J. and Actaeon

The earlier B types were set at 30 minutes, but it was thought to be too long and shortened to 15 minutes.

How about making the period programmable from 15 minutes to 1 hour, in 15 minute intervals?

I guess that the LED on/Off function will have to stay for the lampers, it can be quite bright in the dark!

Low battery indication is a good idea too, but it is not a software change. I would like to include this in the next revision if possible.

David

Hello David

You can see by my signature what MKIII's I own. I would like the option of turning the safety warning beep off completely for when I am out sniping. But I could get along with a variable one.

Regards
    Barry
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

Actaeon Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by David Snook
    How about making the period programmable from 15 minutes to 1 hour, in 15 minute intervals?
    That'll do nicely.