CZ 452 .22
Marmite, either love or hate them.
Woodwork is plain, I've shaved a bit of wood off & oiled mine, plain looking & matt, better for "hunting".
Barrel lengths from 16" to 21", blued or shiney nickel. My 21" has been chopped from 21" to 14" without any loss of accuracy.
Threaded UNF as std.
Many say the stock touches the action / barrel, I had a cure for that.
Many come with open sights, mine did.
With the barrel chop I lost the front sight so the rear one was also removed with a mounting screw loss, now the barrel free floats but a little wood was removed from the barrel channel anyway.
Timney trigger, ever so light now.
Without the rear sight I can get 50mm scopes on med mounts, my presant scope is a 44mm on low Sportsmatch mounts now though.
This brings my cheek down lower onto the stock to almost the open sight position the stock was made for.
An air rifle butt pad fitted, ugly maybe but better than the std hard plastic one, I did try an adjustable one but it increased the weight & length more than I wanted so taken back off for the better to use but not so good fitting / looking HW one.
After many thou's of rounds the bolt glides smoothly & the gun functions beatifully.
I use Eley subs mostly, many other brands work well enough but some are terrible, luckily, not many.
Upfront is a DM80 over barrel mod tameing the noise but on the lookout for something better ?????
Sling studs as std.
I doubt if the original owner would recognise it now either by looks or by shooting.
I've got the zero sorted & checked the POI out to 100yds with a bit of fun shooting out to 135yds just to see what happens.
CZ 452's are such boreing guns, they do what you want as a rabbiting gun, they won't win a rossete for style & looks but they function & feel "normal" to hold & shoot.
They may not be a match rifle either, If you'r looking for a true target gun you wouldn't consider a CZ anyway.
Virtually maintainance free except to keep the bolt internals clean & that's not essential.
Mine likes a dirty barrel so even more mainainance free.
Many don't like the trigger.
Mine was std so after much use they do smooth over as I was more than happy with it.
Even so, if you have a rough one a lighter spring can be fitted, a tube to reduce creep (slack free play) & if needed the sear can be smoothed & polished but like mine, just useing it can improve matters over time.
You can also get uprated fireing pin (In the bolt) springs.
I've seen posts on RFC about guys who sorted there trigger out from out of the box only to regret it later.
Too much too soon.
Polishing before any initial wear takes place is removeing metal from important safety parts before normal wear takes the amount off that is allowed for.
Considering you'r first rimmy 22lr & reading up on what the're like ?
See for yorself.
REVIEW
http://www.youtube.com/user/gunvidde.../0/jvhq3tfCzW0
ZERO & POI CHECK.
http://www.youtube.com/user/gunvidde.../9/s2WQ8-cPEXc