Thread: erma

erma

hi lads anybody tell me anything about my birthday presentmy mrs bought me a webley ranger also has erma on the other side of the barrel its a lovely little thing shoots crisp as a button has a cleaning rod built into it loads like a feinwerkbau with a sliding breech over the barrel its so well built looks and feels like it will last forever,any info would be appreciated
    thanks all
    dave
    Last edited by davegee59; 08-09-2010 at 10:07 PM.

They were made by ERMA of West Germany. I think ERMA stands for 'Erfurter Maschinen'.
    Hsing-ee on here knows quite a bit about them.
    More information here http://mynetimages.com/viewalbum/8ddcd087/f08a6e9e18
    Last edited by Herpquest; 08-09-2010 at 10:37 PM.
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

mrto

Quote Originally Posted by davegee59 View Post
    hi lads anybody tell me anything about my birthday presentmy mrs bought me a webley ranger also has erma on the other side of the barrel its a lovely little thing shoots crisp as a button has a cleaning rod built into it loads like a feinwerkbau with a sliding breech over the barrel its so well built looks and feels like it will last forever,any info would be appreciated
    thanks all
    dave
    What a good wife you have!I have one of these but not a Webley Ranger.The one I have is solely stamped Erma,everything else of course is identical.The origins of mine are unknown,other than Webley I don't know who else imported them to this country, indeed it may have been brought in not by an importer but by a collector or the like.As you say they are great little guns to shoot,over the chrono mine in.177 cal puts out a shade under 5ftlbs with its original leather seal and spring.These carbines are of course not only based around but utilise many of the original parts from the .22 rimfire Erma that they originate from.These guns are quite rare so worth hanging on to,
    Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    What a good wife you have!I have one of these but not a Webley Ranger.The one I have is solely stamped Erma,everything else of course is identical.The origins of mine are unknown,other than Webley I don't know who else imported them to this country, indeed it may have been brought in not by an importer but by a collector or the like.As you say they are great little guns to shoot,over the chrono mine in.177 cal puts out a shade under 5ftlbs with its original leather seal and spring.These carbines are of course not only based around but utilise many of the original parts from the .22 rimfire Erma that they originate from.These guns are quite rare so worth hanging on to,
    Regards.
    Yes; I think that the one I had for many years (and like an idiot sold it in less well-informed times!) was purely ERMA. Can't recall who bought it so can't check!

Agree though, lovely little rifles!

ATVB
    David
    Last edited by TopDog; 09-09-2010 at 06:49 AM. Reason: spelling
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

A short review here: Erma ELG-10.

Nice looking rifles.

Matt

Smile ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post
    A short review here: Erma ELG-10.

Nice looking rifles.

Matt
    thanks for your input every one much appreciated
    atb
    dave

Review in AW

...found a brief mention of this in AW Feb 83 - an engraved one .
    Also there was a full review by Boxall in another issue but can't find it .
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "