Thread: Scope/Mount question-help needed

Scope/Mount question-help needed

Hi

Forgive me for sounding a bit dim but my mate says I should use a 30mm mount on my new hawke airmax ev (1 inch tube)and I think it should be a 24mm mount.

The reason he thinks 30mm is that I have a 24mm mount that came with the rifle (webley stingray)but it seemed very tight and altho the recticle was faulty on my first one when it arrived I dont think the tightness helped.

I dont think I over tightend it but its possible so please advise am I right 24 is the way to go or is my mate right saying 30mm.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Get the 30mm mounts for your 25mm tube scope - then ask your mate why it is rattling about & difficult to zero...

I recommend mount your your Hawke Airmax 1" tube scope with the "24mm" mounts you have, I suspect they will actually be "25.5mm" mounts, just be a bit intelligent when you tighten them up - slowly & carefully?

Regards

ELMOR FUDD is offline Don't put your fingers where you wouldn't put your Cock
    If you have a 24mm scope mount id be very worried as most are 1" or 25mm and if you try to fit a 1" scope tube in to a 30mm mount then dont expect to hit much mate because your scope will rattle worse than Del Boys exaust.
    Use a quality set of 1" mounts and dont over tighten them and crimp the tube or youll knacker the scope
    Goose shootings not just for life ......its for christmas dinner
    Bolt handles,silencer adapters,safety catches,filler caps,Brass Trigger guards for most guns and more

I recommend you change your mate for one where the brain doesnt rattle in the skull
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Thats great lads thanks, all the checking I did indicated it was defo the smaller mounts needed but thought if anyone knew for definite I'd be on here.

New 1 piece mount in 24-25mm it is for me then.

Thanks again and happy hunting gents