Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I make idiots look good......

I make idiots look good......

As I have no pride I will share this with you - at least it will give you a good laugh before the weekend starts.

This arrived today:-

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showprodu...20Chronographs

I was really excited. I set it up on a tripod and first tried out a Hurricane pistol.

Then I tried the Vulcan rifle - I stumbled as I squeezed the trigger and.. shot the display screen thus destroying it beyond repair. What a complete t**t!!!!

So - looking on the bright side - it has only cost me £125 to find out the Hurricane (.22) fires at 343 fps - Bargain.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Link not working.

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Try now (link)

Oops!

Is it just the screen? If you can take it apart and find a part number it may not be too difficult to repair if the rest of the electronics is in tact.

Don't remove anything unless you have excellent images and a circuit diagram.
    Not sent from an iPhone.

I have taken it apart and it is only the screen - it seems to attached by multi pins on all four sides into the circuit board - does that make sense?

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    I dont think your the first one to shoot your chrony

try calling bar to see who is up for repairing them
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for

I'm sure someone posted a link to the RS components part number for these. I've tried searching and cannot find it though.

I don't think they are very expensive. So you may be in luck with getting it fixed.

Hopefully they will see this thread.

HTH

Mark

jay.t is offline Unique is an understatement, I'm just a messed up frog pimp.
    Been there done that

Fortunately my screen survived, you can get another screen , sure i saw a thread lately with a link to a uk supplier

can only find the manufacturer link so far.

http://www.shootingchrony.com/products_replacement.htm
    Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?

Here's the thread you need.

You posted on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    Shot mine on the third test.
    Mangaged to patch it up though I feel like an idiot.

Though you aren't the first to do this and certainly won't be the last ..... you have at least set a benchmark 'speed of destruction' which may remain unbeaten or even unmatched for some time. Feel better now? Regards ... Geek
    PauL H. - Shotgoon
    Brownings: 1999 Ultra XS; 2004 B525 Field; 2010 Maxus Hunter: Air Arms 1998 Mk.2 Pro-Target, 2001 Mk.2 Pro-Sport & 2003 S400C

Good work mate. Ring them up and say excuse me, there appears to be a pellet in my chrono, can I have an exchange please

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    Here's the thread you need.

You posted on it.
    I did - I thought it was about the F4 hand held one though!! That is the one I damaged on the third shot. Looking now it does seem to show the one I just destroyed:-

http://s777.photobucket.com/albums/y...t=DSC01408.jpg

I do still feel like a complete pratt though.
    Last edited by PaulR; 10-09-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungeek View Post
    Though you aren't the first to do this and certainly won't be the last ..... you have at least set a benchmark 'speed of destruction' which may remain unbeaten or even unmatched for some time. Feel better now? Regards ... Geek
    I do actually (feel better). Now if I can just "add value" to the Hurricane by virtue of this experiment and have it valued at £250 then I will be well pleased.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    I do actually (feel better). Now if I can just "add value" to the Hurricane by virtue of this experiment and have it valued at £250 then I will be well pleased.

Paul- them chrony displays are like a magnet for pellets (have a look under my username ), i shot my F-1 just about twenty four hours after i got it (and killed a combro too )

I'm supposed to be buying one of those displays from RS but i think i'll wait until i'm back at work as our company has an account with RS

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Sorry to keep posting - I have now ordered 2 screens from RS. (I am now PLR Electronics btw!)

I have a soldering iron although it has been some years since I used it for close electrical work. My first question - how do you remove the old screen? - I have visions of heating the soldered connections then wiping them whilst molten to remove the solder thus freeing the "prong" - is this right.

In all honesty I really do need this information.