Thread: Uberti 1862 Pocket Police owners

Uberti 1862 Pocket Police owners

Gents,

I've had my Pocket Police out twice now since I bought it and both times it's struggling to fire first time round. If I then keep recocking and pulling the trigger, so that each nipple is struck twice, it fires on the second strike.

I'm using CCI size 10 caps, are they simply too small and the first strike merely seats them? What size caps do you guys use?

Regards,
    Sean.
    Lee Loo Dallas multipass, MUL-TI-PASS!

Try No 11's they are slightly bigger.

Do you have this problem after the first few shots?

If it is a new gun have you had it apart to make sure it is not gummed up with grease from the factory causing the hammer to drag?

It is comon practice with a muzzloader to "cap off". That is fire a cap on every chamber to make sure that any oil left in the gun is burnt off before you load it.

Hope this helps

I wondered if I needed No11's but I didn't want to buy any in case it was just me! When I bought it, I decided that as it was a smaller gun then it must have smaller nipples, ergo it must need smaller caps. There's no grease in it as it has been cleaned after use with plenty of boiling water etc. Now I just need to perfect a little 'shake' after each shot to dislodge the spent caps.

Many thanks for that, I was beginning to think I wouldn't have stood much of a chance against advancing fuzzie wuzzies!

I have a Uberti Colt Army and I thought it would need no 11's but they are too big so I had to squeeze them up to fit. I now use No 10's
    The nipples seem to vary in size from different manufacturers.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanus View Post
    I wondered if I needed No11's but I didn't want to buy any in case it was just me! When I bought it, I decided that as it was a smaller gun then it must have smaller nipples, ergo it must need smaller caps. There's no grease in it as it has been cleaned after use with plenty of boiling water etc. Now I just need to perfect a little 'shake' after each shot to dislodge the spent caps.

Many thanks for that, I was beginning to think I wouldn't have stood much of a chance against advancing fuzzie wuzzies!
    Ah, is that a .36? Better stick with .44's for the black blighters!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Wink Caps

No 10 are too small use No 11 Remington you wont have any more trouble, cheers Tezz

Many thanks to all, No11's being purchased shortly, watch this space