Thread: Martini Henry serial number

Martini Henry serial number

I am in the process filling out a variation to put my Martini Henry (currently held on sec 58) on to my ticket. The trouble is I can't find the serial number.

Usually they are a 4 digit serial number prefixed by one or two letters. Sometimes serial numbers can be found on the rear sight leaf. Another place is on the receiver but it is hidden underneath the stock forend, which I don't really want to remove.

Anyone else had this problem?

Has anyone put a obsolete calibre rifle on thier ticket without a serial number?

i think you can still put it on your ticket without serial numbers as alot of old rifles / muskets didnt have any

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    i think you can still put it on your ticket without serial numbers as alot of old rifles / muskets didnt have any
    Thanks Stephen

Roger

Number

Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    I am in the process filling out a variation to put my Martini Henry (currently held on sec 58) on to my ticket. The trouble is I can't find the serial number.

Usually they are a 4 digit serial number prefixed by one or two letters. Sometimes serial numbers can be found on the rear sight leaf. Another place is on the receiver but it is hidden underneath the stock forend, which I don't really want to remove.

Anyone else had this problem?

Has anyone put a obsolete calibre rifle on thier ticket without a serial number?
    Just put NVN. (No visible number).