Thread: Help! Please ?

Help! Please ?

I have a little used BARracuda ( Daystate ) and I used it on Sunday at Shelford Gun Club ( charged it up about 4 times before, thats all ) . Its lovely to use and with the Weirauch silencer , very quiet.. I used it until pressure was obviously falling and then used another gun until I went home..
    Tonight I put a better scope on the BARracuda with the idea of sighting in at Shelford tomorrow but I find that the gun will not hold its charge of air. I can tell that it is filling , but when I release the bleed valve all the air is expelled
    leaving the gun empty . Part of the metalwork is warm , althouth the exit areas are increasingly cold due to refrigerative effects.I am guessing that a non return valve is malfunctioning..Does anyone have any experience / advice about this please ?

Will it need to go back to Daystate ?

not sure if this will work...

im told that when a rifle is properly empty you need to cock it before filling - this might just be relevant to my s400 but i should imagine its a pretty generic thing...

hope you get it sorted

atb
    HW100 .177, GINB FT#7, Viper 10x44, Rowan Stripper / Milbro Huggett
    Rapid MK2 .177, Mamba Lite 3-12x44, Weihrauch Mod, Pulsar Challenger GS 1x20, N1000AP -
    http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/x..._173646-1.jpg/

BARracuda

Thanks for the advice mate.. I just tried charging with the rifle cocked , but no joy.
    Guess I'll be phoning Daystate tomorrow.They are great guys..

Regards, Paul

Help! Please?

Bumpity-bump

xpfisherman is offline FISH FOR FUN - SHOOT TO KILL
    Let us know how you get on mate - sometimes and only sometimes my MK4 fill ok from the cylinder but when I open the valvle to let the pressure out to disconnect it the MK4 starts blowing out the air Ive just filled it with but its just now and again it happens. There is no leak from the MK4 when filled though just at the disconnection.

Interested in what they say to you.

ATB

Mark
    Daystate MK4ST .22 FAC, Tweaky S200 Regged with NVRSF, AA 410 Hunter Carbine Superlight

Help! Please?

Latest ! I've telephoned Daystate .( They like you to phone after 4-00p.m. with technical queries ) and a very nice lady explained that :-
    a, there may not be a fast enough exhaust of air when I press the relief valve to close off the non-return valve or
    b, there is some dust or grit in the valve..
    She explained that if the gun is empty of air I can remove the male filler fitting and clean out the valve with a small brush etc.
    Guy at BAR said to try and open the cylinder valve really fast when filling in order to try and blast any grit or dust out of the valve. This did not work but I found that my cylinder is now low after 9 or 10 wasted fillings so I took it for fill and the cert has just expired ! Its going to be a week now before I can play with things again and sight in the Ziess I was hoping to use on the rifle.

Oh dear! 'Ow sad , what a pity , never mind !