Thread: PCP air pistol discharge noise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by McTrucky View Post
    Another (obvious?) consideration is your pellet catcher - use a cardboard box stuffed with rags rather than a metal target holder.

I'm surprised at the other post saying an LP50 is louder than an LP10 - maybe I am getting mixed up with an LP2, with a shorter barel maybe that's why I need to wear ear muffs when others are shooting next to me, but not when on my own.

McT
    I'm not sure about the standard LP2, but I have an LP2 Compact - this is very loud - much louder than the longer barrelled pistols that use less air to achieve the same velocity.
    I reckon it's the loudest - you really need ear defenders with it.

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Agreed on that, a friend of mine uses an LP2 compact, and its the loudest pistol I've ever heard
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

wellhouse0 Guest

morini

morini 162ei, seems very quiet certainly not noisy to me just a little 'crack' as it goes off. Shoot indoors at home no problem.

Was shooting next to a guy at the range tonight, his Steyr LP10 was a lot quieter than my MatchGuns MG-1E.
    Jon
    MG-1E