Thread: Springer ? 200yds possible ???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    if it can be done with a PCP it can be done with a springer just takes a little more skill/practice and only use chairgun as a guide its only a computer program and gives the information that was put into it , like a flight simulator no pilot has ever earned his wings on one they give him a good idea what its like but there is no substitute for the real world
    get out there try different things you have nothing to loose but when you get it right then you have the satisfaction of knowing you can do it
    yes its easier with a .177 PCP but it can and has been done with a .22 springer

best of luck Andy
    Gamo Phox .22
    BSA Lightning SE GRT .22
    tuned XS78 .22

Before I strip & service I'm going to take it down my local powder burning range.
    115yds available & much easier than lumping gear over to the farm, I can use the clubs air gun knock downs as well.
    Daft or sensible plan ?
    Plink & try a few different pellets (I've got about 5 different ones) @ say 20yds & get the scope set so I'm useing the top part of the x hair @ 20yds.
    Put some cans on the bank & just see what happens.
    That's the best I can think of for a bit of fun shooting just to try, question is, what position to use ?
    Sat on the floor & just lay the rifle across my left arm ? (RH shooting)
    Just let it jump about as It wants to or do I need to hold it.
    I'll be there for an hour or two so a lot of cocking won't do my arms any favours by the time I get to try the long stuff.
    This will be more like finding aim points & just testing the water.
    Stuck for springer shooting positions, I don't target shoot normaly, more like plinking upto now.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.