yes you need loads of holdover,the aim points on my scope run out at 130 yards thats an sr6 reticule on 3 times mag,if you set the zero to a longer range then i would probably get a longer range with the aim points,i set my zero at 25 yards because thats how long my garden is and i always check zero before i go out hunting,
when we were (unsuccessfully) attempting the 200 yard cubleycat special we used the "see where the puffs of dirt are"method and have to say are many shots started to get it around the cah regularly until boredom set in ,trouble we had was that we were shooting uphill by quite a bit and i know that the pellet will fly higher going up sure if we were shooting the other way and going downhill we would need less holdover,however if we shot downhill the field is lush green turf and would,nt have a clue where the pellets were hitting,
it is truly good fun trying to hit tin cans at silly ranges ,the important thing to realise tho is that a tin can is one thing and living things are another kettle of fish and be disciplined enough to keep your range sensible, Ian