Thread: Springer ? 200yds possible ???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Years ago at one of our local clubs we'd put an empty pellet tin out at around 100 yards. I could quite easily hit it freestanding on a very calm day.
    I was using a Hawke Sidewinder 30 with the SR12 reticle. The reticle's reverse A,B,C,D Tee lines made for good reference points. I miss the SR12, personally much preferred over the AMX which replaced it.
    The Rife was a HW100KT .22 but with an added Anschutz butt hook. A fair bit more hold over with .22 but much more predictable thus more repeatable. I've shot a lot of 10 meters and gallery freestanding which all helps when trying to achieve the more tricky stuff.

200 yards with a springer would probably need to be shot off the bench with a bag, but perhaps freestanding is possible with the right setup, conditions etc.
    S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - Yildiz SPE-ME 12G - ATA SP Black 12G - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

One place I used to go I was able to shoot slightly downwards into water which would have been well over 100 yards and maybe a lot further, The biggest problem shooting long distances is knowing exactly where your pellet as landed, Hitting a tennis ball at the above distance could be done within a couple if shots, Shooting horizontally however as some many factors, I took a hw100 and a huntsman classic out one morning , Hw 100 was shooting at 11.4 and the huntsman classic was shooting at 10.9 , I was struggling with the hw100 at 60 yards however the huntsman classic would out shoot it, Both were 22 cal,