Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
I have more experience with rimfire than airgun but I have a hw100 .22 and find this story of this guy hitting a can freestanding at 100 yards a bit far fetched
My hw100 is fitted with a hawke sidwinder 30 scope with sr12 sight and a buthook and they help quite a lot. My scope is mounted as low as it can be and at x10 mag I still have a good view of anything at 100 yards. If you go to the hawke website and take a look at the sr12 sight you will see the mill dot lines and under that are lines that mark windage. For my setup if you look at where the letter D is marked on the sr12 sight at that level is pretty much where the pellet will drop at 100 yards (scope zeroed at 30 yards). So I have a point of aim right there. If the wind is in my favour with that point of aim I cant see how it differs much from hitting someing at my zero at 30 yards. I just aim up to level with that D and thats it. Ive only been shooting a few months and have gained a lot of practice by hitting this bell we have hainging from at tree at 55 yards free standing. I dont hit it every time but enough to make me feel confident with my hw100.

The other guy at our club mentioned hit 100 yards with his springer a few times in a row freestanding if I remember rightly and thats something I would need a lot of practice to do myself. Its all a matter of the right kit and practice if you think "oh its 100 yard I'll never hit that" then you probably won't.

On the flip side when I have a go at our HFT range im lucky to score more than 20. So I'm no expert at shooting by any means. I do plan to buy a something more suited to HFT for next year so well see how that goes then.

I see your from Guernsey the SDFTC club is between Dorchester and Weymouth so if your ever on the mainland and got the sunday free pop on up.