Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inside the Feinwerkbau Model 65

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Pics! We need pics!
    I've tried before and failed, I can email them and some one who knows can put them on?
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I've tried before and failed, I can email them and some one who knows can put them on?
    Robin
    PM on the way.

Here for your viewing pleasure is Robin's blinged up Feinwerkbau 65.

http://s699.photobucket.com/albums/v...nwerkbau%2065/

Thanks to Robin for sending me the picture to host.

Mark

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    The thing is Robin - it didn't just stop at the FWB did it?.......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/harvey_...7624653378232/
    I can't help it! its a compulsion. The wifes getting a new Walther Alutec smallbore rifle, Hmmmmm? Lots of alloy to polish on that, I wonder?
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

To add a little to the collective knowledge for Feinwerkbau spring pistols.

I decided to replace the electrolytic capacitor in the trigger circuit on my Feinwerkbau 90. As electrolytic capacitors age two things usually happen - ESR increases and capacity decreases. An increase in ESR would cause lower voltage across the capacitor and less ‘punch’ delivered to the solenoid, a drop in capacity would mean the solenoid is energised for a shorter time.

The rate at which electrolytic capacitors age is largely determined by operating temperature, the higher the temperature the faster the aging. I estimate the original electrolytic capacitor in the FWB90 would be good for at least 20 years and operational to at least 30 years. My FWB90 dates to around the late eighties.

The part Feinwerkbau fitted is a Roederstein 1000uf 16V axial electrolytic capacitor measuring approximately 26mm by 12mm and manufactured in West Germany. Roederstein were taken over by Vishay and the brand no longer exists.

The closest replacement is a Vishay MAL202190518E3 1000uf 16V 20% axial electrolytic capacitor measuring 25mm by 10mm. This part isn’t stocked by either RS or Farnell, I ordered from Mouser. Alternatively a Nichicon TVX1C102MCD. I’d recommend using only quality Japanese or European manufactured capacitors.

If you are competent with de-soldering and soldering replacing the capacitor is straightforward. The circuit board can be turned over without de-soldering any connecting wires. You do need to unscrew the part at the base of the grip which houses the battery test light.

model 65 rebuild

I too have a model 65 in need of repair . It is missing the shoulder screw and the cocking lever is off . the spring it out of it and Im worried that the sights might have been damaged from the former owner disassembly incorrectly .

I was thinking about sending it to airgunwerks in USA for repair . does anyone know of this company , he is from TN USA and a 2001 shooting champ . is this gun worth fixing? or how much to replace all seals and gaskets along with a few screws and tweeking .