Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is this stock.....?

OK I know what this stock is from now.

Don't get too excited - it is actually off a Chinese made sidelever rifle, here is an example fitted with the correct action that I received yesterday:

http://www.airrifle.co.za/picture.ph...pictureid=9250
    http://www.airrifle.co.za/picture.ph...pictureid=9251

Ignore the semi-circular cut-out on the fore-end in the lhs picture, this example has been badly messed with, looks like someone tried to modify it to take a tap loading sidelever action.

Now IIRC and I do stand ready to be corrected, Titan (yes the same Titan as in Manitou) did a short lived run of springers based on a Chinese sidelever action fitted with an upgraded stock. I believe these might have been designated the SL800 in .177 and SL600 in .22, but could be remembering wrong on that.

Anyway the action is typically Chinese i.e. not great. I will let you know how it performs once I have given it a bit of a fettle.
    Last edited by rockdrill; 06-10-2010 at 07:37 AM.

Blast.....that looks exactly like the one..without cut out....never heard of it!!

"Every days a scool day" moment ....unfortunately I took the advice of member Mr. Johnstone....

As I said ignore the cut-out - it is not original to the stock and is something that has been butchered into it to attempt to fit it to some other action.

But to me the very front edge of the cylinder looks to be ground to a chisel edge on the chinese action, i don't think that this would fit the conical part of HW's stock

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Actually it would fit HW's stock.

If you saw the action from above the shape matches the inletting on his stock:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...gardens189.jpg

What has been assumed as a conical profile, if you look closely at the picture of HW's stock, is just a tapering straight walled inletting with a flat bottom, not a rounded conical shape.

Please read posts 25 & 32........

Sht.

Turns out it was a bit of a rarity - albeit not the most desirable perhaps and it has been burned!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post
    Actually it would fit HW's stock.

If you saw the action from above the shape matches the inletting on his stock:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...gardens189.jpg

What has been assumed as a conical profile, if you look closely at the picture of HW's stock, is just a tapering straight walled inletting with a flat bottom, not a rounded conical shape.

Well spotted mate- i presumed it was tapered all the way around, ie conical (i'll have to get some new binoculars )

John

Ever been haddddddddddddddddd

It's still here...I have to have a little fun these days..what with failing eyesight,me neck seizing up & spending half the night peeing glad to eventually find out what it's for give us a pm & we can sort something out.

Yep big time

pm sent.
    Last edited by rockdrill; 06-10-2010 at 09:02 AM.

Given the apparant size and arc of the cocking arm it might suggest a single stroke pnuematic of some sort? Perhaps some confused target shooter saw the light and ordered a sporter for his 6m plinker......

No it is for the rifle mentioned above.

The interesting thing is the action is a crude approximate replica of an FWB150 but without the sledge mechanism, match trigger and the German quality.
    Last edited by rockdrill; 06-10-2010 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post
    No it is for the rifle mentioned above.

The interesting thing is the action is a crude approximate replica of an FWB150 but without the sledge mechanism, match trigger and the German quality.

Made me titter that did

Glad it's finally sorted- well done Rockdrill

John