Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper Connect

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ive got 5 connects in both ret and i use all the guns for hft
    no probs with them

wayne
    HFT 500.177 HAWKE VANTAGE HW97 .177 HAWKE AIRMAX
    http://colnevalleyagc.wix.com/colnevalleyagc and http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf 1968 View Post
    no probs with them

wayne
    and in your opinion would you say they are all identical in quality or not .
    my gripe with them are the rets are too fine for my eyes and can dissapear with a black killzone behind it and @ 10x mag it appears as though it was only 8x. other than that great concept and very nearly the "holy grail" for hft.
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I got one of these last week and have only used it a little so far.

The field of view and clarity seem to be very good so far. I've tried shooting upward and down and found the positioning excellent in both, will try from the bench on Sunday.

I like the extra stability another contact gives as well, I can have the scope on 12x and still keep a steady bead on the target.
    The only downside I've found so far is the connectamount, it obscures the numbers on the side wheel! anyone else found this?
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

I also like the extra contact to keep a steady standing position which is another benefit which you also get by fitting a scope enhancer to a conventional scope.
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by tugg View Post
    and in your opinion would you say they are all identical in quality or not .
    my gripe with them are the rets are too fine for my eyes and can dissapear with a black killzone behind it and @ 10x mag it appears as though it was only 8x. other than that great concept and very nearly the "holy grail" for hft.
    yes ive found no problems with quality once you get them set to suit your by using the diopter and the +/- adjuster
    yes the amd is a finer ret than the scb2 but you can alter this by again setting up the eye adjustment correctly it took me a good month to get to what i wanted also like with a conventunal scope you need to get the scope in the right place and get your eye in the same place every time
    ive got one on and early hw100 which i struggle with but the one ive got on a later stocked version is spot on its eye position this scope eleminate paralax error big time but not 100%

give it another go and play with the scope alter the adjustments and when your happy black insulation tape the diopter to the setting you want as it moves

this for me is the only drawback

these scope are like marmite

wayne

no probs with them

wayne
    How do you find the AMD reticle please Wayne?
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

Quote Originally Posted by bullet boy View Post
    How do you find the AMD reticle please Wayne?
    ive got 2 amd ret connects 3 scb ret connects

ive tried the amd on 22 but find for me its more a 177 ret but this is me
    where as the scb ret works well with both calibres

the amd ret is a finer and cleaner ret than the scb but it lacks imho more windage marks it does have 1/2 ,1 ,1 1/2 marks but with british wind id like more

personal id like to change both my amd ret scopes for scb as i prefer the ret again this is my prefered choice there is nothing wrong with the amd it is a very good ret and for people who like say the nikon prostaffs ret this is the one to go for

hope this helps if not ask

wayne

ive got 2 amd ret connects 3 scb ret connects

ive tried the amd on 22 but find for me its more a 177 ret but this is me
    where as the scb ret works well with both calibres

the amd ret is a finer and cleaner ret than the scb but it lacks imho more windage marks it does have 1/2 ,1 ,1 1/2 marks but with british wind id like more

personal id like to change both my amd ret scopes for scb as i prefer the ret again this is my prefered choice there is nothing wrong with the amd it is a very good ret and for people who like say the nikon prostaffs ret this is the one to go for

hope this helps if not ask

wayne
    The AMD is finer than the SCB?Personally I thought the SCB was very fine!
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Does anyone know the maximum dioptre shift on the connect?
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

+/- 2 dioptre.

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Cheers matey. Bought one with the AMD reticle.
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Just to keep people up to date on this little gem of a scope, its latest incarnation is the Connect X. Its forend is now only 30mm in diameter and the front lense is 24mm.

Dont let it put you off though. It still has a massive FOV for its size and at 10x mag its depth of field is phenominal.

Because it is essentially a 30mm tube straight through, you can slap the lowest mounts on available and still not touch your dovetail. The trajectory curve on my BSA running at 11.5ftlb is amazing.
    zeroed at 40 yards, its near as damn it flat at +1 mil dot from 12 yards to 34 yards using 7.9gn pellets. simply put, its awesome for HFT.

The only problem is, as of yet, there is only the AMD ret available.

Best regards,
    Mr_Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ed View Post
    The only problem is, as of yet, there is only the AMD ret available.

Best regards,
    Mr_Ed
    And not yet in the shops, unless you know different Steve!

Looking forward to trying the new version of the Connect on my FX Bobcat.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

I really fancy a connect what sort of price are they going for second hand now?
    If anyone on here has one that they wanna swap fir a mamba give us a pm
    Bsa R10 se