Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper Connect

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by delta1946 View Post
    is their a mount thats been released specifically for this scope yet or is everyone just using two singles up front?
    Apparently Sportsmatch are, but I would wait and see if 2 singles will work for your set up as the sportsmatch one is supposed to be quite steep.

It does seem to give more chance to fit a lamp though by the look of it on Phil Price's article.

The normal mounts together are as solid as hell TBH.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    I'm sure garry will answer this one!
    I was expecting an email notification but didn't get one, does this mean I've missed out on this batch?
    My nearest MTC dealer I would give up shooting rather than buy from them, the next nearest did kindly offer to get one in specificaly for me to look thou as he would otherwise not have stocked one, but I'll feel a bit of the fraud if I don't buy it esp. as I've never dealt with them before. I was considering a detour to wiltshire on the way to glastonbury carnival, but thats not happening now, so do any dealers have one in stock?

Hurricane, if you look at the front page of the website you'll see that Gary and Sammie are on holiday this week.

I'm sure you'll hear from Sammie on her return. I think there's another batch due very soon, so don't panic. I've got mine, but haven't had time to do anything with it yet. Cometh the weekend, cometh the fun...

Martin

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I was expecting an email notification but didn't get one, does this mean I've missed out on this batch?
    My nearest MTC dealer I would give up shooting rather than buy from them, the next nearest did kindly offer to get one in specificaly for me to look thou as he would otherwise not have stocked one, but I'll feel a bit of the fraud if I don't buy it esp. as I've never dealt with them before. I was considering a detour to wiltshire on the way to glastonbury carnival, but thats not happening now, so do any dealers have one in stock?
    They are only doing these first few direct, but that said, Sammie called me last week to say mine was being sent and it has not materialised, and they are on hols till next monday, so I guess the poor lass will have some sorting out to do
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Give Sammie a bell tomorrow ( will be busy) or over the weekend to Mon mate. You should have been contacted, and I apologise for you not being, so I guess we screwed up.
    We got only 50% of the delivery in so this could be the reason, but it's her majesty's domain

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Give Sammie a bell tomorrow ( will be busy) or over the weekend to Mon mate. You should have been contacted, and I apologise for you not being, so I guess we screwed up.
    We got only 50% of the delivery in so this could be the reason, but it's her majesty's domain
    Cheers, I'll ring monday (or one day next week) if I get chance, as I'm working all weekend.

what height and size of mounts does one go for with the connect then on a pcp?

Cheers.

ps. £70 for the other mount no way!!!
    BSA R10 J.B tuned .22
    AirArms TX200 MK3 .177 - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by delta1946 View Post
    what height and size of mounts does one go for with the connect then on a pcp?

Cheers.

ps. £70 for the other mount no way!!!

Depends on the PCP and whether single / multi-shot

£70 might sound expensive to airgun users but it would be very reasonable for some firearms!

A pair of weaver rings both fitted to front tube was certainly very stable when I tried the Connect on a .223, it was very easy to zero, unfortunately as its a light sporting rifle and uses 55grn bullets there was just enough recoil to cause the scope to nudge my glasses each shot, which made me flinch

Great optics and build, it will not go on my MK3 Daystate instead
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

MTC Viper Connect

Have been following comments concerning the new Connect. I have 4 questions
    -is the AMD reticle better, easier to use than the SCB?
    -how much larger is the FOV than in my two 3-12 Vipers?
    -does it come with a mount for an Air Wolf?
    -can I order one even though I live in the US?
    Thanks!
    Jim

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiochuck View Post
    Have been following comments concerning the new Connect. I have 4 questions
    -is the AMD reticle better, easier to use than the SCB?
    -how much larger is the FOV than in my two 3-12 Vipers?
    -does it come with a mount for an Air Wolf?
    -can I order one even though I live in the US?
    Thanks!
    Jim
    #1. Personal preference.
    #3. No mounts supplied, but most 2piece 30mm mounts should do the job.

For the rest, ask here
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Scriv5 is offline Passionate Puff Gun Pumper
    Anyone know if one of these would work with an S400 carbine with a rowan multi shot mag?
    AA S408K .177

Why don't you ask Gary or Sammie? I'm sure they can tell you, but in meantime I have a photo of Connect fitted to an AA 200 with rowan mag (must have come from someone on this site) and I've looked on rowam's sire and I see no reason it wouldn't fit yours. You may well have to mess about a bit getting mounts to fit, if like me you like a rock solid mounted sight.

the main fitting factor with raised mags is YOUR neck ..

depending where you need the scope to be to get the eye relief as to whether the bell housing will miss the mag
    Cheers Lloyd

Scriv5 is offline Passionate Puff Gun Pumper
    Why don't you ask Gary or Sammie? I'm sure they can tell you, but in meantime I have a photo of Connect fitted to an AA 200 with rowan mag (must have come from someone on this site) and I've looked on rowam's sire and I see no reason it wouldn't fit yours. You may well have to mess about a bit getting mounts to fit, if like me you like a rock solid mounted sight.
    Could i see the pic please mate
    AA S408K .177