Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
The Connect SL arrived toady. It looked a very nice bit of kit for the price. Good solid controls and illumination too. The rubber enhancer felt good too. I set up a few markers in the garden and proceeded to set up the diopter focus, mag and PA.
Major problem - I couldn't get the ret in focus. Even at the limit of adjustment the ret was still blurred.
I called MTC and they said straight away if you need reading glasses (yes) then you may not be able to get the ret sharpened up. Due to the design, there just isn't enough range of diopter adjustment. The only solution is to return it.

Bummer! I was really disappointed as I had the feeling I was going to get on with this little fella....

So it has gone back - if you need readers for close work, please check you can get the ret in focus before buying one.
I had to swallow the return postage so I hope you will be able to benefit from my disappointment.

Really pissed off - it looks like an excellent scope for HFT
Hi Roger, I'm on my third one and they have all differed slightly .my diopter adjustment on the latest one was set in the middle, where as my other 2 were all the way round to the right. 20/20 vision aparently

hope it all works out for you.
atb Colin