Thread: Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 AO .

Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 AO .

I got myself the above scope from riflecraft 2 months ago,and I am pleased with the service from riflecraft and the scope I am well chuffed with.
    I have 3 Bushnell Legends 5-15x40ao ,and really like them,the vortex diamondback with Bdc ret is for me a better scope.The Bdc ret on the vortex is better for those long range small targets and the glass is nice and bright and very clear.I have just bought a 4-12x40 diamondback from (tracker73) on here and will re px at 35 yards.
    Regards
    Les..

Hi Les,
    I was wondering what you were using it on. Just wondering how the marking in the BDC worked out.
    BASC

Hi Dean
    I have the scope on a Webley Tomahawk in 177 cal,using jsb exact 4.53.
    I have found the scope's Bdc ret more precise for the 55 -60 yard targets and bell targets at my club.The cross hair is nice and fine ,and the Bdc marks are a small dash rather then a mill- dot.
    Les..

Thank for the reply Les.
    I think that the ret will look and work out similar to the Burris BDC ret on full mag from what I can find out. The Burris rets work out roughly on a .177 on full mag at approx. 0.6 MD,1.2 MD and 2.5 MD which equates on a 30 yard zero to 40 50 and 60 yards depending on mounts, pellet etc.

They do look like a good alternative to the Burris scopes, with more spec for the money and an easier PX change on the fixed lens models.

Please keep us informed how you get on with these.

Thanks,
    Dean.
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I got myself the above scope from riflecraft 2 months ago,and I am pleased with the service from riflecraft and the scope I am well chuffed with.
    I have 3 Bushnell Legends 5-15x40ao ,and really like them,the vortex diamondback with Bdc ret is for me a better scope.The Bdc ret on the vortex is better for those long range small targets and the glass is nice and bright and very clear.I have just bought a 4-12x40 diamondback from (tracker73) on here and will re px at 35 yards.
    Regards
    Les..
    Hi Les

This might be just what I am looking for to put on my new HW77. Would be interested to know what your thoughts are on build quality compared to the Bushnell's you mentioned, and what country of manufacture does the scope have marked on it.

Best Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Hi Les

This might be just what I am looking for to put on my new HW77. Would be interested to know what your thoughts are on build quality compared to the Bushnell's you mentioned, and what country of manufacture does the scope have marked on it.

Best Chris
    Hi Cris
    I am well pleased with the scope,the Diamondback 4-12x40 has very good build quality and is on par with my Bushnell elite 10x40 scope.the PA and mag adjustment rings are both positive and feel well made.
    I have just got a non AO version of the same model from a fellow member on here,and it was easy to re px for air gun ranges.The scopes I have are made in the phillappines.
    I would recommend these scope's.
    Les..

Well Les, I have just bought the Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35 Rimfire V-Plex scope from Riflecaraft as it is has a parallax set at 50 yards rather than 100 yards. It's made in the Philippines with glass from Japan (so Riflecraft and Vortex both tell me). Build quality is very good (although strangely one of the dust caps was completely broken), the V-Plex reticle is great. Will be used for informal target shooting and hunting on my in-laws farm. Very happy with the scope, and for £134 I feel it's a good buy and should have ample magnification for the purposes I want.

Hi Cris
    I am well pleased with the scope,the Diamondback 4-12x40 has very good build quality and is on par with my Bushnell elite 10x40 scope.the PA and mag adjustment rings are both positive and feel well made.
    I have just got a non AO version of the same model from a fellow member on here,and it was easy to re px for air gun ranges.The scopes I have are made in the phillappines.
    I would recommend these scope's.
    Les..

Well Les, I have just bought the Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35 Rimfire V-Plex scope from Riflecaraft as it is has a parallax set at 50 yards rather than 100 yards. It's made in the Philippines with glass from Japan (so Riflecraft and Vortex both tell me). Build quality is very good (although strangely one of the dust caps was completely broken), the V-Plex reticle is great. Will be used for informal target shooting and hunting on my in-laws farm. Very happy with the scope, and for £134 I feel it's a good buy and should have ample magnification for the purposes I want.
    Hi Chris
    I am pleased that you got your Vortex scope, I am also after the 2-7x35 with Bdc ret for my Bsa ultra se.The chap at riflecraft said he was going to get them re px by xtx for air gun ranges.
    Does your scope come set at 50 yards px as standard?.
    Regards les.

Hi Les

Yes, 50 yard factory set

Hi Chris
    I am pleased that you got your Vortex scope, I am also after the 2-7x35 with Bdc ret for my Bsa ultra se.The chap at riflecraft said he was going to get them re px by xtx for air gun ranges.
    Does your scope come set at 50 yards px as standard?.
    Regards les.

Hi Les

Yes, 50 yard factory set
    Hi mate
    Thanks for the info.
    Les..

Are these scopes any good for coping with CF recoil? I'm looking for a scope for a 243.

Thanks

If you look on the Riflcraft site,there are reviews on the vortex scopes, and yes the diamondback range are firearm rated.
    Les..