Thread: MTC Viper Connect

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Just received my new connect, and I must say, I am impressed.

A much smaller box...makes sense, it is a much smaller scope

The image and controls are every bit as good as the prototype unit I have.

It is obviously physically smaller, but the image is still pin sharp.

Interestingly, the front cap now opens to the right, which is nice as with the prototype I kept grabbing it thinking it was the parallax turret with the scope to my eye.

The new bellows are very good as well. Tight fitting, soft and very flexible, and now contoured to fit the eye.

This is ideal as you will find it difficult to use the bellows and the pull out eye cup as the bellows will change orientation, so I guess it is one or the other, but the bellows are that comfortable it wont matter.

Mine will be getting some small ventilation holes to help prevent misting.

I think I detect and even more generous eye relief there, but no loss of FOV.

The artwork it pretty swish too, brilliant

Just one point (not a complaint, it makes perfect sense) but these scopes are not sold with mounts. This makes sense as folk may well have their own ideas on this score (and they may well require non standard mounts for some rifles so it would quite simply be a waste), but folk used to getting mounts with some of the MTC range may get confused

Sell a gonad...you know it makes sense

I now have an MTC scope on all of my decent air rifles (6 in all...sorry, I draw the line at putting these on a Rellum) and they all work well as advertised...but I dont think I will get away with a Connect on all 6...I may not posess any gonads to sell otherwise
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Got mine too!

I now have a production model. It's mounted on my S400, but I haven't had a chance to do more than zero it.

Watch this space...

Martin

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by peakecentral View Post
    I now have a production model. It's mounted on my S400, but I haven't had a chance to do more than zero it.

Watch this space...

Martin
    Great Mines going on a 410k, but I am re oiling the stock so it well be a week or so
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    Had a message left on my phone at 7:05pm wednesday night but could only answer it yesterday at 12:30pm, the nice man from UPS brought my connect today

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    Just one point (not a complaint, it makes perfect sense) but these scopes are not sold with mounts. This makes sense as folk may well have their own ideas on this score (and they may well require non standard mounts for some rifles so it would quite simply be a waste), but folk used to getting mounts with some of the MTC range may get confused
    Spent most of this evening trying to mount the scope on my AirWolf with the mounts off my Taipan (that is now on weaver mounts), if I had mounted it as shown on mk4 in AGW then it would have fitted, but as I rarely shoot from prone then I've gone more extreme and it sits with objective bell over mag.
    This caused me some problems as it just fouled mag by maybe 1/2mm, I've not much packing at home so ended up with two pieces of shim on front mount and one on rear, so tomorrow I'll see if I run out of adjustment for zeroing, but by monday I should be able to pack it level.
    Talking of zeroing, I'm not sure why I would need a trifle, but I'm sure it will come it will come in handy to celibrate if I sucessfully zero
    Last edited by Hurricane; 08-10-2010 at 10:31 PM.

You need a trifle if you shake like a jelly, buy a rest!