Now thats where i was coming from.If you drilled the rifle and didnt like the scope, you would be peed off.
Anyhow, ive a mounting solution Mr Cooper.
Machine a one piece mount to fit the connect,low on height, almost full length,with an 11mm dovetail machined in the base,you can then either use it straight onto an 11mm dovetail on the rifle, or using 2 postage stamp size,low profile adaptors,go from the full rail scope dovetail onto said adaptors then onto the rifle.
For example the Rapid uses mounts which screw on, the postage stamps could be made so that you screw those to the rifle, then put the scope straight on to that to keep the scope height low.
Another example is a browning t bolt .22 rimmy, which again uses screw on weaver rail adaptors, the rifle doesnt have a dovetail,just two screw holes,so you have to screw two postage stamp weaver bases to the rifle, then fit your scope.
Also by making a few different height postage stamps, you can avoid any mag issues, simply by raising the scope up a bit to clear the mag, making it quite universal.
Ive two mambas at the mo, but im in need of another scope,ive a hawke paper weight on my Rapid,its either going to be a Mamba as i have the hard to get 30mm rings, or a connect if i can fit it with a suitable bolt on mount.I certainly wont be drilling anything,that isnt easily replaceable and cheap.
Calling Gary C!!!