Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
I picked one of these up in The Airgun Centre, Rayleigh on Monday. A chap was just having one fitted to his HW100 so I thought I'd better grab one before stock ran out. Tony Belas happened to be in the shop, so I spent more time chatting to him than ogling the scope. Once I'd got home and removed it from its compact box (thankfully, not a Hawke-style burial casket!), I set about finding a rifle to attach it to. I have plenty of 30mm mounts but the BKL were much too high. Most mount manufacturers seem to expect their 30mm mounts to accommodate scopes with monster objectives, so smaller scopes tend to be perched up too high. I have a similar problem with the Leupold MR/T. Experiments so far indicate that I'm going to need much lower mounts to avoid a rick in the neck or to fit the scope on a rifle with an adjustable cheek piece, preferably one that incorporates lateral adjustment, like the Rapid Tactical.

D.
They do sit very low, but this feature is only really realised with the likes of the HW100 etc where the mag sits in the action rather than on top of it, otherwise they are a bit higher, but not hugely.

I have a 40mm version (one of the prototypes) on my HW100, and I astill have a good eye position with a bridging piece under the objective (between front and rear parts of the action).

I will have to use slightly higher mounts on my production version as it is going on the 410k, where the mag sits quite high.

I like a low scope as it gives better cheek weld and balance, I have just changed the scope on my huntsman from a 25 to 30mm tube and have had to go single shot...the mounts just wont accept the mag without a half inch gap under the objective...not nice, still, I dont hunt with it a lot so not a biggie

Great little scopes though eh, great for picking tree rats out in the gloom...even if I do then miss the twig in the way...ah well

Superb low light as well, and the IR with the AMD ret is really precise.

One thing I have found is that it pays to focus the eyebell on a distant object rather than the sky and ret.

I thought one of mine would not focus down close enough, but I think this was the problem. I was reading a sign on a house some way off that I could just see with the naked eye as a blob, very sharp when the eye bell was corrected a bit.