Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper Connect

Smile

I've recently bought two of the connects.......for an AA S410 TDR and HW100T..... the clarity is superb and the AMD works brilliantly with 5 yard sections easily marked from a 40 yard zero. As I'd read when researching this scope it does take some getting used to but stick with it and you won't be disappointed.

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    I have just come back to useing mine (I put a larger viper onto the rifle for doing some FT but have gravitated back to hunting...ehem).

It was like going back to an old friend, a brilliant piece of kit.

If Carlsberg made scopes
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    Just been having a play with mounting my NE500 (similier to NS200) behind the connect, early days as yet, not least because I've been holding it by hand as the rubber tube is needed for Taipan so don't want to chop that down. Looks interesting, I think the wide FOV of connect could be a real boon for NV use, should make it easier to get gun 'on target'.

Connect for HFT

Well our HFT club has gone from no one using Connects to 5 guys using them this year and more seriously thinking about it, that alone speaks for itself! The depth of field really helps and when set up right on the rifle the parallax is almost zero.
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

I've just fitted one on a new Mk2 Rapid and it lines up quite well. I didn't get on with my first Viper Connect and sold it to a friend, who uses it to good effect in HFT mounted on an Airwolf Tactical. I bought the current one to fit on a Mk2 Verminator but couldn't get it mounted to my satisfaction. They don't seem to have caught on at my HFT club yet.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

having just bought one.i was wondering why no rear lens cover?,no mounts.does anyone now where i can get some low mounts to fit this scope onto my s400k.i have medium mounts at the moment but the s400 rail is so high i can not take advantage of the scope being so small and therefore mount it as low as possible.very pleased with the scope,shot a 99 on my lsr straight away and tested the scope outside from 8yards to 45 yards to simulate hft and it is better than my mamba lite i was using

Quote Originally Posted by ZaksGod View Post
    having just bought one.i was wondering why no rear lens cover?,no mounts.does anyone now where i can get some low mounts to fit this scope onto my s400k.i have medium mounts at the moment but the s400 rail is so high i can not take advantage of the scope being so small and therefore mount it as low as possible.very pleased with the scope,shot a 99 on my lsr straight away and tested the scope outside from 8yards to 45 yards to simulate hft and it is better than my mamba lite i was using
    just use any make 30mm low mounts put together at front of scope wont hurt the scope as there is no specific mount made for the connect though sportsmatch were looking at doing one
    HFT 500.177 HAWKE VANTAGE HW97 .177 HAWKE AIRMAX
    http://colnevalleyagc.wix.com/colnevalleyagc and http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/

Mounting the Connect

I have used a Sports Match reach forward mount with one of the two clamps cut in half (one bolt each side rather than two) - gives a nice low scope height and allows the scope to be fitted to rifles which have the breech opening where the two standard mounts would be on the objective lens end. (mine is on an EV2)

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...p-mount-44mm--[op44]-reach-forward.html
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf 1968 View Post
    just use any make 30mm low mounts put together at front of scope wont hurt the scope as there is no specific mount made for the connect though sportsmatch were looking at doing one
    POD on here does a specific mount matey

what zero?

I have a Viper connect on a HW100kt and really happy with it and I use it for HFT,
    at the moment my mag is 10x and zeroed at 35yards I was just wondering what everyone else was zeroing at?

Any info is much appreciated.

IanT

Yes thats the mount, i have one top bit of kit and pod is a very nice guy to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by IanT View Post
    I have a Viper connect on a HW100kt and really happy with it and I use it for HFT,
    at the moment my mag is 10x and zeroed at 35yards I was just wondering what everyone else was zeroing at?

Any info is much appreciated.

IanT

I too would be curious to hear what others are setup at !

Quote Originally Posted by salop sniper View Post
    I too would be curious to hear what others are setup at !
    Zero and parallax at 30yds - it is what I have used for a while and seems to work for me on both the Connect and standard 10x44 Viper (both with SCB ret).

Very nice