IanT

zero at 30 yds
    paralax 19 yds
    for hft

these are top scope i use 2 of them both amd ret
    never tried a scb ret but if mtc want to sponsor me very happy to shoot one

only niggle is id like a few more marks for windage as im crap in the wind
    HFT 500.177 HAWKE VANTAGE HW97 .177 HAWKE AIRMAX
    http://colnevalleyagc.wix.com/colnevalleyagc and http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/

MTC

Many thanks for the info I love my MTC and its AMD reticle it's clear and uncluttered,
    this makes it simple to see targets in dark forest's.

I have had a couple of good scores in HFT (not as many as I would like) but have not been able to repeat them this year some of this was due to the HW100KT having to go and visit the gun doctor (can highly recommend Mike Upton of Airguntune.co.uk)
    but that aside I was thinking of changing the zero and see what difference this would make.
    I have always set my zero to 35 yards but many of my shooting bud’s set theirs to 25 or 30 yards and was curious to hear what others were doing with this scope.

So grateful for all information.

Thumbs up

I have been using one for the past few weeks, very user friendly scope, nice image and feels well made.
    It has a bigger depth of field than I am used to, ie more clearer targets in HFT mode - (my reason for buying one in the first place).
    I have it mounted with 2 sportsmatch mounts in front of the turrets and have not had any problem. It's a little higher than you could have it with ultra low mounts, but that pays benefits with a flatter distant trajectory anyway which suits me using my longer range (40y ish) zero that I have used for the past few years.
    I've shot 3 comp courses with it so far, 2 of them in really dark woodland conditions, absolutely no issues with the small front objective. So far, I'm liking it
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/
    Staffordshire Custom Rifles - Maverick & MTC Connect

Quote Originally Posted by IanT View Post
    Many thanks for the info I love my MTC and its AMD reticle it's clear and uncluttered,
    this makes it simple to see targets in dark forest's.

I have had a couple of good scores in HFT (not as many as I would like) but have not been able to repeat them this year some of this was due to the HW100KT having to go and visit the gun doctor (can highly recommend Mike Upton of Airguntune.co.uk)
    but that aside I was thinking of changing the zero and see what difference this would make.
    I have always set my zero to 35 yards but many of my shooting bud’s set theirs to 25 or 30 yards and was curious to hear what others were doing with this scope.

So grateful for all information.
    35 yards works better, if your mates are getting better results work on your shooting not your kit, you're doing it right just not doing it enough

I changed my hft scope to A leup mk4 2.5-8 X 32 as my connect wouldn't fit on my new gun. I was also very impressed with the image quality

The leup has amazing glass but for me the connect is better suited to HFT. The reason is the ret. The SCB reticle is perfect for the discipline. The smaller objective increases DOF and the fact that the eye is so close to the scope ensures repeatable head position and minimises parallax. Also 10X magnification is perfect for me.

I'm sure others will disagree and that is fine BUT scopes are subjective and this is my opinion only. To say i'm looking forward to getting the connect on my gun again is an understatement (got a HW100 to fit it on).

In the meantime a viper is on the gun and the leup is for sale

MTC, Gary and Sammie did a brilliant job with this scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ramshead View Post
    I have been using one for the past few weeks, very user friendly scope, nice image and feels well made.
    It has a bigger depth of field than I am used to, ie more clearer targets in HFT mode - (my reason for buying one in the first place).
    I have it mounted with 2 sportsmatch mounts in front of the turrets and have not had any problem. It's a little higher than you could have it with ultra low mounts, but that pays benefits with a flatter distant trajectory anyway which suits me using my longer range (40y ish) zero that I have used for the past few years.
    I've shot 3 comp courses with it so far, 2 of them in really dark woodland conditions, absolutely no issues with the small front objective. So far, I'm liking it
    Dave, what magnification do you use on your connect? Thanks.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by superbow View Post
    Dave, what magnification do you use on your connect? Thanks.
    I'm using 10x to make the ret work for my chosen scope height & pellets, clarity wise, I could use 12 but the aimpoints are a bit harder to remember.
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/
    Staffordshire Custom Rifles - Maverick & MTC Connect

I had a look through one the other day and was very impressed with the ret (AMD??), the clarity and depth of field.

I noticed a small amount of parallax error on close targets but not on far ones.

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    I had a look through one the other day and was very impressed with the ret (AMD??), the clarity and depth of field.

I noticed a small amount of parallax error on close targets but not on far ones.
    No you didn't Rog. Parallax error can only occur with head movement, and there is none with the VC

Quote Originally Posted by squowse View Post
    Yes I've just ordered some. It will be tight over the mag but will hopefully just work.
    I was looking at the trigger position to compare like with like amd it looked very different. I will have another look.

EDIT: well on his HW100 it looks like the gap between the two turrets is over the trigger (especially in the first photo), on mine the gap between the two turrets is about 2 inches behind the trigger.
    Sorry to dig an old post up, but did your connect fit with those mounts mate?? A friend has a AA410 and is just about to buy a connect.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf 1968 View Post
    zero at 30 yds
    paralax 19 yds
    for hft

these are top scope i use 2 of them both amd ret
    never tried a scb ret but if mtc want to sponsor me very happy to shoot one

only niggle is id like a few more marks for windage as im crap in the wind
    hi all im learning as i go along, can some body explain the paralax thing to me please or give me a link to help me out please many thanks
    Air Arms Tx200SR .22 Air Arms Pro Sport.177 Air Arms TX200 .177 Air Wolf .177

IMG]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af247/standupking36/wolf/20130921_181737.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by standupking36 View Post
    hi all im learning as i go along, can some body explain the paralax thing to me please or give me a link to help me out please many thanks
    http://www.arld1.com/images/swfs/parallax.swf

best i could find to show you. image is interactive. you can move the eye etc... click and drag.

Looked through one today and all I can say is "wow" !

Craig.