Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper Connect

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoto View Post
    Then I took it out hunting & things weren't quite so good. The sight picture seemed over contrasted & harsh & there was a pronounced vignette effect around the perimiter of the glass.

I also found that I was constantly on the side focus which seemed overly critical of even a slight change in range. I honestly thought that the 'scope was faulty & returned it to MTC for checking. It came back with a clean bill of health, but to my eyes it was still as before so with some regret I sold it.
    Ken
    I agree with this, the depth of field is very narrow. The vignette effect is there but doesn't really bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by bullet boy View Post
    After using this scope a lot more now I have noticed it is very good in low light conditions!!
    I now have a problem-I want another Connect scope!!Think I'll get a AMD reticle one next time!!
    Superb scopes!!!!
    I agree with this too! The VC has great low light performance.

Well I have had two connect scopes the first with amd recticle was great no problem getting the recticle to focus so being the way I am thought that the scb recticle would be better for hft very disappointed unable to get the recticle to focus great service from bar refunded my money no probs just wondered if the scope was faulty bar said it was fine don't think there was enough adjustment to focus the recticle I have got bad eyes for reading but don't wear glasses for shooting

I agree with Poth. The diopter adjustment could do with being more, we are working on it

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    I agree with Poth. The diopter adjustment could do with being more, we are working on it
    Is this a problem only with the SCB reticule? Mine has the AMD reticule and is pin sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by banksy! View Post
    Is this a problem only with the SCB reticule? Mine has the AMD reticule and is pin sharp.
    Nothing to do with the ret, the dipoter adjustment compensates for variations in eyesight and if your eyesight is too long sighted the connect may struggle

Would be nice if you could put a half mill dot recticle in as we'll like the hawke half mill dot fantastic recticle recon they would sell by the bucket load I would certainly go back to one as there was no parallax error due to being so close to the scope depth of field could do with being a bit more as well another 5 yards and it would be the perfect http scope

Quote Originally Posted by poth View Post
    Would be nice if you could put a half mill dot recticle in as we'll like the hawke half mill dot fantastic recticle recon they would sell by the bucket load I would certainly go back to one as there was no parallax error due to being so close to the scope depth of field could do with being a bit more as well another 5 yards and it would be the perfect http scope
    AMD is half mil dot, and DOF can't be designed in

Hft

Anybody use this scope for hft? And is it adequate for the job? I was looking for a scope for hunting and the connect looks perfect but I've just joined a club and fancy a bit of hft but I've not a clue about target shooting. It's doesn't have to be brilliant as I'm only shooting targets to keep my hunting in good shape I just want to make sure it will do the job. Thanks in advance.

I use the Connect with AMD ret for HFT, it is more than adequate, really pleased with it . My eyes are 59 yrs old & I agree what has been said about the diopter adjustment, my ret comes into focus just before the adjustment runs out, another scope at the club is the same. Hope you can find a fix Gary before my eyesight gets any worse

ive got 5 connects in both ret and i use all the guns for hft
    no probs with them

wayne
    HFT 500.177 HAWKE VANTAGE HW97 .177 HAWKE AIRMAX
    http://colnevalleyagc.wix.com/colnevalleyagc and http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf 1968 View Post
    no probs with them

wayne
    and in your opinion would you say they are all identical in quality or not .
    my gripe with them are the rets are too fine for my eyes and can dissapear with a black killzone behind it and @ 10x mag it appears as though it was only 8x. other than that great concept and very nearly the "holy grail" for hft.
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I got one of these last week and have only used it a little so far.

The field of view and clarity seem to be very good so far. I've tried shooting upward and down and found the positioning excellent in both, will try from the bench on Sunday.

I like the extra stability another contact gives as well, I can have the scope on 12x and still keep a steady bead on the target.
    The only downside I've found so far is the connectamount, it obscures the numbers on the side wheel! anyone else found this?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I also like the extra contact to keep a steady standing position which is another benefit which you also get by fitting a scope enhancer to a conventional scope.
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by tugg View Post
    and in your opinion would you say they are all identical in quality or not .
    my gripe with them are the rets are too fine for my eyes and can dissapear with a black killzone behind it and @ 10x mag it appears as though it was only 8x. other than that great concept and very nearly the "holy grail" for hft.
    yes ive found no problems with quality once you get them set to suit your by using the diopter and the +/- adjuster
    yes the amd is a finer ret than the scb2 but you can alter this by again setting up the eye adjustment correctly it took me a good month to get to what i wanted also like with a conventunal scope you need to get the scope in the right place and get your eye in the same place every time
    ive got one on and early hw100 which i struggle with but the one ive got on a later stocked version is spot on its eye position this scope eleminate paralax error big time but not 100%

give it another go and play with the scope alter the adjustments and when your happy black insulation tape the diopter to the setting you want as it moves

this for me is the only drawback

these scope are like marmite

wayne
    HFT 500.177 HAWKE VANTAGE HW97 .177 HAWKE AIRMAX
    http://colnevalleyagc.wix.com/colnevalleyagc and http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf 1968 View Post
    no probs with them

wayne
    How do you find the AMD reticle please Wayne?
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.