Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: MTC Viper Connect

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by evenbad View Post
    Just a quicky are these connects good for close range ratting as I use a snipercam NV
    I use a NE500 NV on mine, the wide field of view is a bonus for close range work using NV.

rabid mk2

I was just thinking of funked ups modified scope mount on his rapid.Its a very neat job, however i'm not keen on drilling and tapping a new scope mount hole.
    Is there any other pre-made mount for the rapid mk2 for the connect scope?
    Last edited by techno; 19-03-2014 at 10:39 PM.

funkedup is offline Surely you can do better than that!!!
    it isn't drilled and tapped, not yet anyway. It has been stuck on with araldite until I am 100% that i like the scope.
    Wanted - Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 tactical

Aha...now we know

Now thats where i was coming from.If you drilled the rifle and didnt like the scope, you would be peed off.
    Anyhow, ive a mounting solution Mr Cooper.
    Machine a one piece mount to fit the connect,low on height, almost full length,with an 11mm dovetail machined in the base,you can then either use it straight onto an 11mm dovetail on the rifle, or using 2 postage stamp size,low profile adaptors,go from the full rail scope dovetail onto said adaptors then onto the rifle.
    For example the Rapid uses mounts which screw on, the postage stamps could be made so that you screw those to the rifle, then put the scope straight on to that to keep the scope height low.
    Another example is a browning t bolt .22 rimmy, which again uses screw on weaver rail adaptors, the rifle doesnt have a dovetail,just two screw holes,so you have to screw two postage stamp weaver bases to the rifle, then fit your scope.
    Also by making a few different height postage stamps, you can avoid any mag issues, simply by raising the scope up a bit to clear the mag, making it quite universal.
    Ive two mambas at the mo, but im in need of another scope,ive a hawke paper weight on my Rapid,its either going to be a Mamba as i have the hard to get 30mm rings, or a connect if i can fit it with a suitable bolt on mount.I certainly wont be drilling anything,that isnt easily replaceable and cheap.
    Calling Gary C!!!

even fitting the connect to 1 single standard theo mount, there was a lot of play.

you may have an issue with play on your idea, mine needed the bush at the back to ensure the set up was rock solid, even the dovetail rails have movement, that is why I never use anything other than Rapid mounts on the Rapid, once they are both tight they should (and have been) true to the bore line.

Anyway, drilling and tapping the block at the top, isn't that big a deal, it is covered by any normal scope, you could put a blanking screw in there and you also have the advantage of other mounting options, ie a reach back mount from this position, reach forward mount from this position or just a standard mount facing one of two ways.

mount

ive just read on the mtc website, that there is a mount for the connect.brill.

it will lift the scope high if fitting to a Rapid and I am not sure it will sit far enough back.