Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper Connect

Hurricane, if you look at the front page of the website you'll see that Gary and Sammie are on holiday this week.

I'm sure you'll hear from Sammie on her return. I think there's another batch due very soon, so don't panic. I've got mine, but haven't had time to do anything with it yet. Cometh the weekend, cometh the fun...

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    The normal mounts together are as solid as hell TBH.
    What he said! I can't remember where I saw a price for the custom mounts, but it was a lot of dosh. With the build quality of the Connect, I'm happy that the two mounts side by side are more than secure enough.

Martin

£70 was mentioned for the special sportsmatch one piece mount - they are making it specifically for the scope.
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/
    Staffordshire Custom Rifles - Maverick & MTC Connect

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I'm sure garry will answer this one!
    I was expecting an email notification but didn't get one, does this mean I've missed out on this batch?
    My nearest MTC dealer I would give up shooting rather than buy from them, the next nearest did kindly offer to get one in specificaly for me to look thou as he would otherwise not have stocked one, but I'll feel a bit of the fraud if I don't buy it esp. as I've never dealt with them before. I was considering a detour to wiltshire on the way to glastonbury carnival, but thats not happening now, so do any dealers have one in stock?
    They are only doing these first few direct, but that said, Sammie called me last week to say mine was being sent and it has not materialised, and they are on hols till next monday, so I guess the poor lass will have some sorting out to do
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I'm sure garry will answer this one!
    I was expecting an email notification but didn't get one, does this mean I've missed out on this batch?
    My nearest MTC dealer I would give up shooting rather than buy from them, the next nearest did kindly offer to get one in specificaly for me to look thou as he would otherwise not have stocked one, but I'll feel a bit of the fraud if I don't buy it esp. as I've never dealt with them before. I was considering a detour to wiltshire on the way to glastonbury carnival, but thats not happening now, so do any dealers have one in stock?
    Give Sammie a bell tomorrow ( will be busy) or over the weekend to Mon mate. You should have been contacted, and I apologise for you not being, so I guess we screwed up.
    We got only 50% of the delivery in so this could be the reason, but it's her majesty's domain

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Give Sammie a bell tomorrow ( will be busy) or over the weekend to Mon mate. You should have been contacted, and I apologise for you not being, so I guess we screwed up.
    We got only 50% of the delivery in so this could be the reason, but it's her majesty's domain
    Cheers, I'll ring monday (or one day next week) if I get chance, as I'm working all weekend.

what height and size of mounts does one go for with the connect then on a pcp?

Cheers.

ps. £70 for the other mount no way!!!
    BSA R10 J.B tuned .22
    AirArms TX200 MK3 .177 - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by delta1946 View Post
    what height and size of mounts does one go for with the connect then on a pcp?

Cheers.

ps. £70 for the other mount no way!!!

Depends on the PCP and whether single / multi-shot

£70 might sound expensive to airgun users but it would be very reasonable for some firearms!

A pair of weaver rings both fitted to front tube was certainly very stable when I tried the Connect on a .223, it was very easy to zero, unfortunately as its a light sporting rifle and uses 55grn bullets there was just enough recoil to cause the scope to nudge my glasses each shot, which made me flinch

Great optics and build, it will not go on my MK3 Daystate instead
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Hi
    I also registered my interest with MTC, hope I get a call tomorrow as it was going to be a pressie for my dad's birthday.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by airborn68 View Post
    Hi
    I also registered my interest with MTC, hope I get a call tomorrow as it was going to be a pressie for my dad's birthday.

Jon
    We have only received 50% of stock, there is no way we can fulfil all orders at the moment, please bear in mind that we had orders at the MGF last year, but given your situation I will ask Sammie to reserve one of our emergency units. Please give her a call, nr on the website.

Just received my new connect, and I must say, I am impressed.

A much smaller box...makes sense, it is a much smaller scope

The image and controls are every bit as good as the prototype unit I have.

It is obviously physically smaller, but the image is still pin sharp.

Interestingly, the front cap now opens to the right, which is nice as with the prototype I kept grabbing it thinking it was the parallax turret with the scope to my eye.

The new bellows are very good as well. Tight fitting, soft and very flexible, and now contoured to fit the eye.

This is ideal as you will find it difficult to use the bellows and the pull out eye cup as the bellows will change orientation, so I guess it is one or the other, but the bellows are that comfortable it wont matter.

Mine will be getting some small ventilation holes to help prevent misting.

I think I detect and even more generous eye relief there, but no loss of FOV.

The artwork it pretty swish too, brilliant

Just one point (not a complaint, it makes perfect sense) but these scopes are not sold with mounts. This makes sense as folk may well have their own ideas on this score (and they may well require non standard mounts for some rifles so it would quite simply be a waste), but folk used to getting mounts with some of the MTC range may get confused

Sell a gonad...you know it makes sense

I now have an MTC scope on all of my decent air rifles (6 in all...sorry, I draw the line at putting these on a Rellum) and they all work well as advertised...but I dont think I will get away with a Connect on all 6...I may not posess any gonads to sell otherwise

Got mine too!

I now have a production model. It's mounted on my S400, but I haven't had a chance to do more than zero it.

Watch this space...

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by peakecentral View Post
    I now have a production model. It's mounted on my S400, but I haven't had a chance to do more than zero it.

Watch this space...

Martin
    Great Mines going on a 410k, but I am re oiling the stock so it well be a week or so

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    Had a message left on my phone at 7:05pm wednesday night but could only answer it yesterday at 12:30pm, the nice man from UPS brought my connect today

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    Just one point (not a complaint, it makes perfect sense) but these scopes are not sold with mounts. This makes sense as folk may well have their own ideas on this score (and they may well require non standard mounts for some rifles so it would quite simply be a waste), but folk used to getting mounts with some of the MTC range may get confused
    Spent most of this evening trying to mount the scope on my AirWolf with the mounts off my Taipan (that is now on weaver mounts), if I had mounted it as shown on mk4 in AGW then it would have fitted, but as I rarely shoot from prone then I've gone more extreme and it sits with objective bell over mag.
    This caused me some problems as it just fouled mag by maybe 1/2mm, I've not much packing at home so ended up with two pieces of shim on front mount and one on rear, so tomorrow I'll see if I run out of adjustment for zeroing, but by monday I should be able to pack it level.
    Talking of zeroing, I'm not sure why I would need a trifle, but I'm sure it will come it will come in handy to celibrate if I sucessfully zero
    Last edited by Hurricane; 08-10-2010 at 10:31 PM.