Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper Connect

You need a trifle if you shake like a jelly, buy a rest!

Question for Gary

Are these scopes for recoilless rifles only?
    A member of staff at a local retailer is telling me the opposite.
    I'm very impressed by the scope, but would like to know it's intended application before I splash the cash.

Regards
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
    Are these scopes for recoilless rifles only?
    A member of staff at a local retailer is telling me the opposite.
    I'm very impressed by the scope, but would like to know it's intended application before I splash the cash.

Regards
    Andy
    Hi Andy
    You have 1/2" eye relief, if you use specs it's deffo recoilless, but if you don't then you have 1/2" eye relief so something like a .223 should be OK according to Baz.

A buddies got an MTC Connect on an AR-15 in .30 calibre M1 Carbine.
    Works a treat

Is there diopter adjustment to compensate for mild long or short sightedness ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    Is there diopter adjustment to compensate for mild long or short sightedness ?
    Yes, there's a fast focus adjustment on the eyepiece.

See here and put your mouse over the eyepiece close-up.

Martin

just got hold of a connect with amd ret, mounted on my airwolf am i impressed
    not half
    got this one second hand and still have one reserved with mtc as and when they arrived might get the scb ret in that one
    going to give hft a go with it

this scope seems lighter than normal scopes when mounted but this may be due the were the scope has to be mounted thus putting the weight into the shoulder
    but so far very impressed

wayne
    HFT 500.177 HAWKE VANTAGE HW97 .177 HAWKE AIRMAX
    http://colnevalleyagc.wix.com/colnevalleyagc and http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/

Connect

I picked one of these up in The Airgun Centre, Rayleigh on Monday. A chap was just having one fitted to his HW100 so I thought I'd better grab one before stock ran out. Tony Belas happened to be in the shop, so I spent more time chatting to him than ogling the scope. Once I'd got home and removed it from its compact box (thankfully, not a Hawke-style burial casket!), I set about finding a rifle to attach it to. I have plenty of 30mm mounts but the BKL were much too high. Most mount manufacturers seem to expect their 30mm mounts to accommodate scopes with monster objectives, so smaller scopes tend to be perched up too high. I have a similar problem with the Leupold MR/T. Experiments so far indicate that I'm going to need much lower mounts to avoid a rick in the neck or to fit the scope on a rifle with an adjustable cheek piece, preferably one that incorporates lateral adjustment, like the Rapid Tactical.

D.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    I picked one of these up in The Airgun Centre, Rayleigh on Monday. A chap was just having one fitted to his HW100 so I thought I'd better grab one before stock ran out. Tony Belas happened to be in the shop, so I spent more time chatting to him than ogling the scope. Once I'd got home and removed it from its compact box (thankfully, not a Hawke-style burial casket!), I set about finding a rifle to attach it to. I have plenty of 30mm mounts but the BKL were much too high. Most mount manufacturers seem to expect their 30mm mounts to accommodate scopes with monster objectives, so smaller scopes tend to be perched up too high. I have a similar problem with the Leupold MR/T. Experiments so far indicate that I'm going to need much lower mounts to avoid a rick in the neck or to fit the scope on a rifle with an adjustable cheek piece, preferably one that incorporates lateral adjustment, like the Rapid Tactical.

D.
    They do sit very low, but this feature is only really realised with the likes of the HW100 etc where the mag sits in the action rather than on top of it, otherwise they are a bit higher, but not hugely.

I have a 40mm version (one of the prototypes) on my HW100, and I astill have a good eye position with a bridging piece under the objective (between front and rear parts of the action).

I will have to use slightly higher mounts on my production version as it is going on the 410k, where the mag sits quite high.

I like a low scope as it gives better cheek weld and balance, I have just changed the scope on my huntsman from a 25 to 30mm tube and have had to go single shot...the mounts just wont accept the mag without a half inch gap under the objective...not nice, still, I dont hunt with it a lot so not a biggie

Great little scopes though eh, great for picking tree rats out in the gloom...even if I do then miss the twig in the way...ah well

Superb low light as well, and the IR with the AMD ret is really precise.

One thing I have found is that it pays to focus the eyebell on a distant object rather than the sky and ret.

I thought one of mine would not focus down close enough, but I think this was the problem. I was reading a sign on a house some way off that I could just see with the naked eye as a blob, very sharp when the eye bell was corrected a bit.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

On the images posted by Peakecentral, the image taken looking through the connect seems to be quite a bit darker than through the conventional scope. Has anyone found this to be the case?

Quote Originally Posted by wayne509 View Post
    On the images posted by Peakecentral, the image taken looking through the connect seems to be quite a bit darker than through the conventional scope. Has anyone found this to be the case?
    If you look at the photo details one was taken in June, the other September so it might have been a brighter day.

Quote Originally Posted by sprocker View Post
    If you look at the photo details one was taken in June, the other September so it might have been a brighter day.

That could certainly explain it. I assumed they were taken back to back on the same day

So did I until you mentioned the difference ( which i thought as you did) then went back to have another look

Have got to get me one of thee little scopes!

So for the mounts a 30mm low or medium to go on my .22 R10?

I'm not clued up on mount heights and pros and cons of each.

I don't have a mag system that sits high, my rail is flat with mag built in to block, so could use a low mount?, would this have any advantages over a medium say?

thanks.
    BSA R10 J.B tuned .22
    AirArms TX200 MK3 .177 - SOLD

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by delta1946 View Post
    Have got to get me one of thee little scopes!

So for the mounts a 30mm low or medium to go on my .22 R10?

I'm not clued up on mount heights and pros and cons of each.

I don't have a mag system that sits high, my rail is flat with mag built in to block, so could use a low mount?, would this have any advantages over a medium say?

thanks.
    You could mount it as low as you like for a 32mm front end bud.

What I would say is try and borrow some medium and high and try it out.

This new connect works pretty well without the eye bellows.

This is good news for wearers of bicycle optics..., or if you shoot prone/off of a bipod a lot.

The old unit used to pretty well demand your head was at right angles to the eye piece to get a good sight picture, and it was not too clever without some sort of eyepiece.

The new Connect works well either way, and is pretty flexible, so try what you can.

If you have a mag that prodrudes where the objective sits, you are probably looking at high mounts though.

If you get something that is fairly slim (BKL etc) you will have room for a lamp etc on the front end.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know