Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper Connect

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by spready View Post
    Can you use a NV add on with one of these scopes?
    See here.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488054

Has anyone mounted one of these to a rapid/mfr yet, just would like to know how it fits with the rapids magazine!

Scriv5 is offline Passionate Puff Gun Pumper
    Anyone know if one of these would work with an S400 carbine with a rowan multi shot mag?
    AA S408K .177

Why don't you ask Gary or Sammie? I'm sure they can tell you, but in meantime I have a photo of Connect fitted to an AA 200 with rowan mag (must have come from someone on this site) and I've looked on rowam's sire and I see no reason it wouldn't fit yours. You may well have to mess about a bit getting mounts to fit, if like me you like a rock solid mounted sight.

the main fitting factor with raised mags is YOUR neck ..

depending where you need the scope to be to get the eye relief as to whether the bell housing will miss the mag
    Cheers Lloyd

Scriv5 is offline Passionate Puff Gun Pumper
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Why don't you ask Gary or Sammie? I'm sure they can tell you, but in meantime I have a photo of Connect fitted to an AA 200 with rowan mag (must have come from someone on this site) and I've looked on rowam's sire and I see no reason it wouldn't fit yours. You may well have to mess about a bit getting mounts to fit, if like me you like a rock solid mounted sight.
    Could i see the pic please mate
    AA S408K .177

I'll try to get it up next week, PSU on home PC gone kapput

Scriv, I was just looking back at this post and saw your question. The answer's no, I think. I've just fitted up a Rowan mag against my 400k, and the bell of the Connect gets in the way. My Connect is fitted with 2 mounts in front of the saddle, and couldn't go any further forward unless I only used one mount - and that's not going to happen.

Sorry to be the bearer of (belated) bad news.

Martin

ahhhh, been looking into these scopes for a while now and wanted to know one more thing before I took the plunge. Does it fit an S400 with a Rowan Mag.

Please let me know if anyone has managed to get one to fit!!

Great info on here though, many thanks guys!

brucegill,

Welcome to the forum.

As I wrote in the post above yours, it's unlikely that the combination of Connect/S400/Rowan mag will work. The only way to do that would be to move the scope right forward, which would probably put your head in the wrong position.

I've attached a photo which will help.You can see there's insufficient clearance with the scope as I use it.

Hope that helps.

Photo here <clickety>

Martin

ive got 2 of these swcopes mounted om a mk4 and airwolf and by using high mounts i can get the daystate mag under the scope with no probs and i have no aim point probs either have tried these scopes on lower mounts and had eye to scope issues which were solved by using high mounts

these are brillant scopes imo
    well worth the money

so if any one decides they dont like it please get in touch as im after my 3rd connect

wayne
    HFT 500.177 HAWKE VANTAGE HW97 .177 HAWKE AIRMAX
    http://colnevalleyagc.wix.com/colnevalleyagc and http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/

Well I looked through one of these at the club last week and was amazed at the brightness. I have two questions; can I fit one to my prosport bearing in mind the recoil and very small eye relief, and what is the depth of vision like compaired to the viper 10x44 ?

Carl.
    Last edited by carll; 30-08-2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: I cannot spell!

Quote Originally Posted by carll View Post
    can I fit one to my prosport bearing in mind the recoil and very small eye relief... ?
    Carl.
    No!

Sorry,but your eye is right up against the scope.

Martin

I have just got one of these scopes for my HW100kt and wow what a great scope, i am very happy with it

Just before I disposed of my Connect, I fitted it onto a TX200 and experienced no problems shooting the combo.

D.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com