Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper Connect

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Just before I disposed of my Connect, I fitted it onto a TX200 and experienced no problems shooting the combo.

D.
    Connect or Viper Connect?

Folk have shot them off of .223 rifles, theeonly comment being that it would not work /be pleasant with glasses.

I think the word is...at your own risk, which is why MTC dont recommend fitting them to recoiling rifles, but like you say, it can work, particularly if you leave the eye piece forward and dont use the bellows.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

I'm sure we have the viper fitted to a parker & hale mk4(?) in 7.62mm, up the club.
    Will check this weekend, if so i'm hitting a fig 12 at 1200 metres with no problem.
    Will double check this week end.
    I'm sure they say they have tested these up to 50BMG, on the paper work that comes with it.
    Alan.
    ATB.
    Last edited by mr bod; 12-09-2011 at 06:14 PM. Reason: cos i'm a knob.
    S410 Classic '22. hw35 E Carbine '22. Webly vulcan '177.
    " To some the obvious exists only for overstating "

Quote Originally Posted by mr bod View Post
    I'm sure we have the viper fitted to a parker & hale mk4(?) in 7.62mm, up the club.
    Will check this weekend, if so i'm hitting a fig 12 at 1200 metres with no problem.
    Will double check this week end.
    I'm sure they say they have tested these up to 50BMG, on the paper work that comes with it.
    Alan.
    ATB.

Hi Alan
    I think you are getting the Viper Connect mixed up with the Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    Connect or Viper Connect?

Folk have shot them off of .223 rifles, theeonly comment being that it would not work /be pleasant with glasses.

I think the word is...at your own risk, which is why MTC dont recommend fitting them to recoiling rifles, but like you say, it can work, particularly if you leave the eye piece forward and dont use the bellows.

Hi Chris
    They'd be OK up to a .243 without glasses in perfect conditions, but the problem comes as soon as you get excited, it's cold and dark, whatever, and your head position is less than perfect. In that case you could end up getting a spit eye

Hi Gary,
    You could be right(too much alcohol the night before) please accept my apologys.
    ATB
    Alan.
    S410 Classic '22. hw35 E Carbine '22. Webly vulcan '177.
    " To some the obvious exists only for overstating "

Has anyone tried a viper connect on a Pheonix fast fire with the 400cc bottle?
    Must find out if this works before buying.

Cheers
    Frankie

well I've got one on an fx verminator so i don't see why not
    Cheers Lloyd

Thanks for that, will start looking into this more now.

I have just posted some video footage using Sony camcorder mounted on my Viper Connect scope. You get an appreciation of the field of view and magnification range when used in conjunction with the camcorder.

http://youtu.be/stbEZzf40bw

connect

Quote Originally Posted by The Robin View Post
    I have just got one of these scopes for my HW100kt and wow what a great scope, i am very happy with it
    which mount's do you use,i'm interested in getting one of these on my .177 hw100tk.thank's.

Quote Originally Posted by adywilson View Post
    I have just posted some video footage using Sony camcorder mounted on my Viper Connect scope. You get an appreciation of the field of view and magnification range when used in conjunction with the camcorder.

http://youtu.be/stbEZzf40bw
    did you manage to mount the cam on your connect ok? and did you have to move your scope forward a long way...cheers

mick

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by tapps View Post
    which mount's do you use,i'm interested in getting one of these on my .177 hw100tk.thank's.
    somebody posted this on here some time back

http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/u...8/DSC00304.jpg

I have 2 mounts, one a 1 piece that has been trimmed down on the rear clamp and another which is a 2 piece but one mount has been milled to 8mm thickness.
    Currently the two piece is fitted to my Cutlas with connect scope and the one piece scope fitted to my Verminator with connect scope. Have also drilled and tapped the one mount so my N1000 will screw into the side. Will sort out some pics soon, as it is better to see then read.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    somebody posted this on here some time back

http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/u...8/DSC00304.jpg
    that was a cheap 100mm mount i got off the bay(may of been from JSRamsbottom) which i cut and filed to fit i've now got a 120mm which gives a better fit
    Last edited by fullbandit; 08-02-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: wrong sizes
    Cheers Lloyd

How does the minimal eye relief affect changing from sitting/kneeling to prone positiion. Is it a neck strain?
    Also how much of the SCB reticle lights up? I would be more interested in having some mildots visible in case they are needed.