Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review of the Accucover Scope Cover - Overpriced gadget or essential accessory?

I also feel it speeds up target aquisition,as they said it would!
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

best £20 ive ever spent.
    i thought it was a gimmick and barely worth a punt at the price - how wrong i was..
    i zeroed my scope prior to fitting the accucover then after fitting it. my zero was 1" low and 1" right. at least now i know my zero is where its central on the accucover, every time.

I`ve changed my mind on this accessory.I have now replaced it with my Butler Creek cover.I purchased the the right size AccuCover for my S&B but it was very loose over the bell of the scope.I did tape it to the scope but eventually decided against this and now got my snug fit Butler one back on!
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

theres 3 sizes of accucover

Hi All,

My first post other than an introductory message, but looks like joining is a winner immediately. I've been pondering whether to get one of these for ages, and judging from the posts it seems on balance to improve target acquisition, so I reckon I'll get myself one.

Cheers,

John

Gotta like the reviews

After reading the glowing reports of these covers I'm up for purchasing some. You guys should be in advertising

I think in going to give one of these as try. sound good to me

Quote Originally Posted by Daveg View Post
    Great little gadget, unfortunately now banned by UKAHFT.
    Apparently not allowed because it nis an optical aid.

ATB

Dave
    cant understand that one unless scope maximisers are banned aswell !!

Great little gadget, unfortunately now banned by UKAHFT.
    Apparently not allowed because it nis an optical aid.

ATB

Dave
    They'll be banning eyes next.

BTW I got one and they do seem good however I feel are pricing themselves out of the market. e.g. I have 5 guns and would have bought one for each gun at £10 each, but at £20 then theres no chance of it. Therefore they have lost a potential of £30 custom from me alone. I wonder how many others would buy more if they were cheaper?

A special thanx for all the positive previous comments.

Some handy hints for those already using the AccuCover.

Firstly the AccuCover can be fitted with the button on the left (cap fips up and over) or to the right (cap flips to the left hand side)

When you are happy with the button position try masking the 12 O clock yellow chevron with some black insulating tape. I personally find target acquisition even faster using only three points of reference (3,9 & 6 O clock positions)

If this works for you, it is worth masking the 12 Oclock position permanantely with a black marker pen.

Banned from UKHFT? I don't understand that one myself!

Hope this helps.

ATB

Nick
    .....faster accurate shooting

web AccuCover tweet Twitter

banned... because it is an optical aid.
    WTF is a scope then?!

meh... don't worry - I guess this is a well worn argument in the circles it applies to

I couldnt get on with it , i found it far too distracting spent too much time arsing around trying to line it all up before letting the shot go. I suppose i should persevere with it and give it a longer go.

yeah im the same to much time,and puts you of,