Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A new Feinwerkbau air rifle - but which one?

A new Feinwerkbau air rifle - but which one?

As I have said in another thread I visited the Frankonia shop in Cologne last week and handled a number of target air rifles.

I think my choice for a new rifle has come down to one of two Feinwerkbau models. One is the 700 Aluminium and the other one is the 700 Universal with the laminated wood stock.

Anyone have any views on these two rifles?

I have used the 700 ali one, and was well pleased with it. I think they are the same action, just different stocks.

I shoot the P70 match in the ali stock and prefer the infinite adjustment to get it to fit perfectly

Just my take, they are both accurate
    AAS200T.177 & S510SL .177. FWB P70(diopter), P70 FT(Big Nikko) Steyr LP10, LG110(Big Nikko), LG20(diopter) . The gun is deadly accurate - shame about the user

P700 totally different action along the lines of the 9003, 8002 and 8001.
    Nearly had one 5 yrs ago, thought too much work involved in comparison so settled on 9003 with better stock.

I shoot with the 700 Ali and it fits like a glove, I don't think you could get the same out of the wooden stock!

Bing!

There are two national champions in my club and another one in my local gunshop. They all use FWB 700 alu.
    MG-1E

Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    As I have said in another thread I visited the Frankonia shop in Cologne last week and handled a number of target air rifles.

I think my choice for a new rifle has come down to one of two Feinwerkbau models. One is the 700 Aluminium and the other one is the 700 Universal with the laminated wood stock.

Anyone have any views on these two rifles?
    I've got the wooden version and I agree with Bing that it certainly doesn't fit like a glove, but good enough for me!!

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    I have the Alu version, the level of adjustability is just incredible, a really well designed stock, never tried the wooden stock, so cant compare, but would be surprised if it shoots as well as the alu
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    never tried the wooden stock, so cant compare, but would be surprised if it shoots as well as the alu
    It doesn't, but AFAIK, there's about a grand of a price difference!

http://www.edinkillie.co.uk/ecatalog...fadj0afim4tjn2

Shop around, you can get them from a UK dealer for a lot less, or buy direct from a german dealer
    MG-1E

Quote Originally Posted by jpayne View Post
    Shop around, you can get them from a UK dealer for a lot less, or buy direct from a german dealer
    If you can point me to somewhere that I can get a alu stock for less than £500 for a F700, I'd be very grateful!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    It doesn't, but AFAIK, there's about a grand of a price difference!

http://www.edinkillie.co.uk/ecatalog...fadj0afim4tjn2
    It's possible to purchase a 700 Aluminium from a German website for only £370 more than the 700 Universal - £1478 as opposed to £1108. It is also possible to buy the 700 Evolution Top for £1150 which is also Aluminium with the same amount of adjustment as the 700 Aluminium but with a slightly shorter barrel and PCP cylinder which makes it slightly lighter (4.0kg as opposed to 4.8kg) for only £42 more than the 700 Universal.

In all cases the delivery to the UK is £23.00.

For just the Aluminium stock try - http://www.schiesssport-buinger.de or http://www.frankonia.de/waffen/categorylist.html
    Last edited by h5djr; 21-09-2010 at 11:35 AM.

Which Air rifle

I have bought an air rifle from Schiessport Buinger whilst my brother has recently acquired one from stopper.de. So buy with confidence, in my case I also managed to get someone speaking english at the other end. My previous air gun was a Feinwerkbau 700 alu, so I am planning to put it on the sales section soon. If you are interested PM me and can send some details over.

Aman

If you buy an air rifle from Germany, do you have to get it sent to a firearms dealer ? Or does it get sent to your home directly ?

Cheers

Alex

It does not have to go through a UK firearms dealer.

All that is required is for you to prove you are over 18 and the German websites will send it direct to your home address.

My problem is that since I purchased my new rifle I have suffered very serve problems with my back and right left which has left the knee venerable to giving way. It did on one occasion which led me to fall half way down my house staircase breaking my shoulder and badly damaging some of the muscles.

According to the doctors it will be a long time before I can use my new rifle successfully so I may decide to sell it without even having had chance to use it.

What sort of rifle are you considering purchasing?