Thread: A new Feinwerkbau air rifle - but which one?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A new Feinwerkbau air rifle - but which one?

As I have said in another thread I visited the Frankonia shop in Cologne last week and handled a number of target air rifles.

I think my choice for a new rifle has come down to one of two Feinwerkbau models. One is the 700 Aluminium and the other one is the 700 Universal with the laminated wood stock.

Anyone have any views on these two rifles?

I have used the 700 ali one, and was well pleased with it. I think they are the same action, just different stocks.

I shoot the P70 match in the ali stock and prefer the infinite adjustment to get it to fit perfectly

Just my take, they are both accurate
    AAS200T.177 & S510SL .177. FWB P70(diopter), P70 FT(Big Nikko) Steyr LP10, LG110(Big Nikko), LG20(diopter) . The gun is deadly accurate - shame about the user

P700 totally different action along the lines of the 9003, 8002 and 8001.
    Nearly had one 5 yrs ago, thought too much work involved in comparison so settled on 9003 with better stock.

I shoot with the 700 Ali and it fits like a glove, I don't think you could get the same out of the wooden stock!

Bing!

There are two national champions in my club and another one in my local gunshop. They all use FWB 700 alu.
    MG-1E

Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    As I have said in another thread I visited the Frankonia shop in Cologne last week and handled a number of target air rifles.

I think my choice for a new rifle has come down to one of two Feinwerkbau models. One is the 700 Aluminium and the other one is the 700 Universal with the laminated wood stock.

Anyone have any views on these two rifles?
    I've got the wooden version and I agree with Bing that it certainly doesn't fit like a glove, but good enough for me!!

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    I have the Alu version, the level of adjustability is just incredible, a really well designed stock, never tried the wooden stock, so cant compare, but would be surprised if it shoots as well as the alu
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    never tried the wooden stock, so cant compare, but would be surprised if it shoots as well as the alu
    It doesn't, but AFAIK, there's about a grand of a price difference!

http://www.edinkillie.co.uk/ecatalog...fadj0afim4tjn2

Shop around, you can get them from a UK dealer for a lot less, or buy direct from a german dealer
    MG-1E

Quote Originally Posted by jpayne View Post
    Shop around, you can get them from a UK dealer for a lot less, or buy direct from a german dealer
    If you can point me to somewhere that I can get a alu stock for less than £500 for a F700, I'd be very grateful!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    It doesn't, but AFAIK, there's about a grand of a price difference!

http://www.edinkillie.co.uk/ecatalog...fadj0afim4tjn2
    It's possible to purchase a 700 Aluminium from a German website for only £370 more than the 700 Universal - £1478 as opposed to £1108. It is also possible to buy the 700 Evolution Top for £1150 which is also Aluminium with the same amount of adjustment as the 700 Aluminium but with a slightly shorter barrel and PCP cylinder which makes it slightly lighter (4.0kg as opposed to 4.8kg) for only £42 more than the 700 Universal.

In all cases the delivery to the UK is £23.00.

For just the Aluminium stock try - http://www.schiesssport-buinger.de or http://www.frankonia.de/waffen/categorylist.html
    Last edited by h5djr; 21-09-2010 at 11:35 AM.

Which rifle

I went through this process a few weeks back and did all the costings/hassle factor and asked advice on all the forums and in the end I got my rifle from Intershoot and dealt with Sam Kelly.
    Sam was very helpful and despite a load of questions and E mails and phone calls he kept his cool and sorted me an excellent deal on a Walther LG300 Protouch,this is also well worth consideration and I am very impressed with it.
    Give them a go you may be pleasantly surprised!!

As far as I was concerned there was not hassle factor at all. I got a quote from Intershoot but the German website was still quite a bit cheaper.

All I had to do was place the order on the internet, pay them the amount using PayPal and send them a photocopy of my passport by email and then wait just over a week for the parcel to arrive. Simple.

Easier in fact than buying in the UK where I would have needed to visit the shop or in the case of Intershoot who are in Northern Ireland, arrange for it to be send to a register dealer, collect it from them and pay them a fee.

I would agree buying from germany is not a problem. I have ordered my boots & other bits from stopper.de & they just needed visa details with proof of age before processing payment (scanned driving licence). When you order postage is for germany only & stated that it was free then I was emailed with the postage charge to the UK (17euro). Still cheaper than purchasing from the UK.

All emails in english so no problems.