Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A new Feinwerkbau air rifle - but which one?

If you are thinking of selling Ive been looking for a fab 700 alu for some time.

My rifle is not the FWB 700 Aluminium but a new one that they do which is very similar. It the 700 Evolution Top which is slightly lighter but uses all the same trigger, sights and workings as the 700 Ali.

Have at look on the FWB website at http://www.feinwerkbau.de/ceasy/modu...hp5?cPageId=94

I have also added Centra adjustable front and rear sight irises.

Which rifle

I went through this process a few weeks back and did all the costings/hassle factor and asked advice on all the forums and in the end I got my rifle from Intershoot and dealt with Sam Kelly.
    Sam was very helpful and despite a load of questions and E mails and phone calls he kept his cool and sorted me an excellent deal on a Walther LG300 Protouch,this is also well worth consideration and I am very impressed with it.
    Give them a go you may be pleasantly surprised!!

As far as I was concerned there was not hassle factor at all. I got a quote from Intershoot but the German website was still quite a bit cheaper.

All I had to do was place the order on the internet, pay them the amount using PayPal and send them a photocopy of my passport by email and then wait just over a week for the parcel to arrive. Simple.

Easier in fact than buying in the UK where I would have needed to visit the shop or in the case of Intershoot who are in Northern Ireland, arrange for it to be send to a register dealer, collect it from them and pay them a fee.

I would agree buying from germany is not a problem. I have ordered my boots & other bits from stopper.de & they just needed visa details with proof of age before processing payment (scanned driving licence). When you order postage is for germany only & stated that it was free then I was emailed with the postage charge to the UK (17euro). Still cheaper than purchasing from the UK.

All emails in english so no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by bunduki View Post
    I have bought an air rifle from Schiessport Buinger whilst my brother has recently acquired one from stopper.de. So buy with confidence, in my case I also managed to get someone speaking english at the other end. My previous air gun was a Feinwerkbau 700 alu, so I am planning to put it on the sales section soon. If you are interested PM me and can send some details over.

Aman
    Hi Aman,
    Are you planning to sell your FWB 700 ? if yes, then please send me the details on my email ahmed_knp@yahoo.com,
    thanks

Feinwerkbau which one

On this same topic...can anyone please throw some light on the difference between
    a Feinwerkbau 700 Basic and Feinwerkbau 700 Universal....and also Feinwerkbau 500 ??

there is a difference of around 300 Euros between the two 700s !!!

also if I go to germany myself, will I be able to carry the air-rifle in the plane (checked in baggage)? and which city of germany
    should I be going to get a variety / best deals ??

thanks in advance
    Last edited by ahmed_knp; 09-12-2010 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmed_knp View Post
    On this same topic...can anyone please throw some light on the difference between
    a Feinwerkbau 700 Basic and Feinwerkbau 700 Universal....and also Feinwerkbau 500 ??

there is a difference of around 300 Euros between the two 700s !!!

also if I go to germany myself, will I be able to carry the air-rifle in the plane (checked in baggage)? and which city of germany
    should I be going to get a variety / best deals ??

thanks in advance
    The best prices seem to be from a company called Sciessport-Buinder who are based in Mottingen. I don't think they keep most of the Feinwerkbau range in stock but get them in a few days. The best way to purchase from them is using the internet with payment using PayPal. The delivery costs to the UK is around £24.00 and my own rifle only took a couple of days to arrive after they sent me an email tell me it had been dispatched.

As far as taking a rifle on an aircraft is concerned you would have to contact the particular company. It would have to be carried in the hold and declare as a firearm at check-in.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    A problem I have encountered this week trying to buy from a German company supplying to England is that they are having difficulty in finding a carrier who will carry weapons and also insure. DHL have stopped.
    Best regards
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    A problem I have encountered this week trying to buy from a German company supplying to England is that they are having difficulty in finding a carrier who will carry weapons and also insure. DHL have stopped.
    Best regards
    Robin
    That's a great pity. DHL offered an excellent and very quick service.

Repairs & Warranty

It's all very well buying from Germany or other destinations outside the UK, but what if these normally reliable guns do go wrong?
    It's no good going to the official importers in the UK because I know first hand most won't touch these grey imports & at least one importer will no longer supply seals etc., even for official imports. In today's economic climate things are becoming very political.
    I don't think I would want the hassle of packing one back up anyway & trying to get a carrier to take it out of the UK to some destinations, from experience I know what a problem it is. Luckily I have a German contact who can "uplift" guns for me.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    It's all very well buying from Germany or other destinations outside the UK, but what if these normally reliable guns do go wrong?
    It's no good going to the official importers in the UK because I know first hand most won't touch these grey imports & at least one importer will no longer supply seals etc., even for official imports. In today's economic climate things are becoming very political.
    I don't think I would want the hassle of packing one back up anyway & trying to get a carrier to take it out of the UK to some destinations, from experience I know what a problem it is. Luckily I have a German contact who can "uplift" guns for me.
    Yes that can be a potential problem. Personally I drive to Germany several times a year and the savings made when buying the weapon would more than cover another trip if needs be.

Just ordered a P700 Alu today from a german website - hopefully it will be here soon. Just need to get it through al the snow ;>

Posting of the order was confirmed on the 27th Dec and DHL delivered it 31st Dec to my house - wow what great service.

Now I just need to finger out the best case to keep it safe in ....... Happy New Year guys and gals

Which company did you actually purchase the rifle from?