Thread: 0.8 inch group at 134 yards!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    do you not mean 134 feet mate, that would make it about 45 yards.....
    Good Deals With, reeper, erichtfisherman, sprocker, tintentourist, tafty, happydude, paul-rutherford,delta1946,Gilaz,dave goodall,EGGY,

Quote Originally Posted by nightvision View Post
    do you not mean 134 feet mate, that would make it about 45 yards.....
    mmm

He does not state, if it was freehand or benchrested?

answer

Quote Originally Posted by Tinnie56 View Post
    He does not state, if it was freehand or benchrested?
    its with a bipod lying down chap. there no way on this earth i would be able to do sub inch groups at 130 yards freestanding.

i cannot hit the 45mm targets at 40 yards standing up without a rest or tree/ post etc.

seem to get better groups with the bipod prone than leaning on the bench.

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    Using the Taipan on my AirWolf MVT I could get good groups rested but not very good standing, I now use a Viper Connect on AirWolf and 45mm targets at 40m standing would be no problem, but I don't think it would be as good at long distance rested.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Using the Taipan on my AirWolf MVT I could get good groups rested but not very good standing, I now use a Viper Connect on AirWolf and 45mm targets at 40m standing would be no problem, but I don't think it would be as good at long distance rested.
    i have never practiced much standing cause the gun is so heavy, but think i might put some practice in. has the viper connect got a big mill dot rect and is it light?

Good shooting without a doubt BUT as those of us who use FAC air quite a bit know, once you push the range over 50 yards everything depends on the wind.. This is especially the case with the JSB 15.9 grain pellets which are nowhere near as stable in the wind as BisMags.
    Anyway what this shows is that the barrel on the OP's AirWolf is a good one and THAT is what is really comforting. Nearly everything is down to the barrel.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalker000 View Post
    i have never practiced much standing cause the gun is so heavy, but think i might put some practice in. has the viper connect got a big mill dot rect and is it light?
    The viper connect has AMD or SCB recticle, for my purposes it suits the AirWolf well as it is (roughly) half the weight of Taipan, but, more importantly sits much further back, which for me means it's much more stable for standing shots, but for long range rested shots the Taipan is much better IMO, which is why I have one on my HMR.

thanks for the encouragement dvs1

thanks for the encouragement dvs1 and your confidence in my shooting.

i did not realise that so many people would not be confident in my shooting and are so sceptical about accuracy at this range with an fac airwolf mvt.

I would be happy to show non believers of the guns accuracy on a calm day at 130 yards.

if i did not manage tight groups i would pay for peoples petrol for getting to my place.

i am being totally honest from what i am finding and achieveing during shooting my airwolf, and everthing i have writen on this thread is the truth and as i see it. I would be happy to back up what i am saying in person on a calm day.

jonezy25 is offline Over 1200 posts and still haven't got one
    thanks for the encouragement dvs1 and your confidence in my shooting.

i did not realise that so many people would not be confident in my shooting and are so sceptical about accuracy at this range with an fac airwolf mvt.

I would be happy to show non believers of the guns accuracy on a calm day at 130 yards.

if i did not manage tight groups i would pay for peoples petrol for getting to my place.

i am being totally honest from what i am finding and achieveing during shooting my airwolf, and everthing i have writen on this thread is the truth and as i see it. I would be happy to back up what i am saying in person on a calm day.
    Well i for one believe you, just because some people can't hit a dustbin lid at 10 yards, means that they find this sort of accuracy at long range very hard to believe, a bit like when cubleycat was shooting coke cans at 210 yards with a sub 12 ft/lb .177, she even got reported to the police!

thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by jonezy25 View Post
    Well i for one believe you, just because some people can't hit a dustbin lid at 10 yards, means that they find this sort of accuracy at long range very hard to believe, a bit like when cubleycat was shooting coke cans at 210 yards with a sub 12 ft/lb .177, she even got reported to the police!
    thanks for your belief mate. i love this sport to much to go around dishonouring it by lying. and really enjoying traying to get the most out of the kit.

cannot understand why she got reported to the police?
    if she was hitting coke cans with sub 12ft/b at 210 thats some good shooting!
    the best i could do with my .177 theoben was 85 yards but the barrel on that gun i had was not that good.

had a falcon fn19 about 10 years ago that i brought of a guy second hand and did not reaslie he messed with the hammer spring so it was firing .177 at about 14ft/lbs. that gun was deadly accurate. rabbits at 60 yards were cleanly killed instantly. you just had to show the gun to the back or side of the rabbits heat at 60 y and it was centred brain shot every time. fantastic gun. regretted letting that one go. very nice barrel.

jonezy25 is offline Over 1200 posts and still haven't got one
    thanks for your belief mate. i love this sport to much to go around dishonouring it by lying. and really enjoying traying to get the most out of the kit.

cannot understand why she got reported to the police?
    if she was hitting coke cans with sub 12ft/b at 210 thats some good shooting!
    the best i could do with my .177 theoben was 85 yards but the barrel on that gun i had was not that good.

had a falcon fn19 about 10 years ago that i brought of a guy second hand and did not reaslie he messed with the hammer spring so it was firing .177 at about 14ft/lbs. that gun was deadly accurate. rabbits at 60 yards were cleanly killed instantly. you just had to show the gun to the back or side of the rabbits heat at 60 y and it was centred brain shot every time. fantastic gun. regretted letting that one go. very nice barrel.

Hi buddy, she got reported to the police because *someone* who watched her long range shooting videos on youtube, thought she was using an FAC air rifle, as the shots were at a long distance, and grassed her up, police raided her house and tested her weihrauch hw100, and it was sub 12 ft/lb.

some people just didn't believe it was possible with sub 12 ft/lb!