Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 0.8 inch group at 134 yards!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnr527 View Post
    Something I just cannot figure in this thread - why 134 yards?
    my living room to the stone wall accross the field is 134 yards!
    from my coal shed its 154!

Nice shooting, nice measuring, nice pictures

As an old time surveyor and i know this is not strictly airgun but, did you use a surveyors chain, metal tape, liinen tape, tellurometer or GPS - what degree of accuracy do the measurements have.

A couple of other questions

1. Doesnt your wife object to you shooting from the living room?

2. You're not shooting across the road are you?

3. Is it the same wall - only the backgrounds look a little different?

Regards
    OAP

Oh and one of your pictures has 130yds on it - is this a typing slip?
    Last edited by Gnr527; 05-11-2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Afterthought

Quote Originally Posted by gnr527 View Post
    nice shooting, nice measuring, nice pictures

as an old time surveyor and i know this is not strictly airgun but, did you use a surveyors chain, metal tape, liinen tape, tellurometer or gps - what degree of accuracy do the measurements have.

a couple of other questions

Regards
    oap

oh and one of your pictures has 130yds on it - is this a typing slip?

Laser range finder (said to be +/- 1yard accurate)
    The wife does not know. I'm doing it in the day when she is at work.
    Who in their right mind would shoot accross a road!!!!!!!! No. its across a field, my field. THERE IS NO ROAD ANYWHERE NEAR THE FIELD.
    Same wall all the way along.
    130yards from the middle of my garden near my living room laying on the lawn on a dry day. On a wet day shooting from my lounge 134y.

WHY THE STRANGE QUESITONS?

It really annoys me when established members of this forum simply do not believe that decent groupings can be had with an air rifle at over 100 yards.
    Its really annoying when these members then continue to poke fun and take the p**s out of these members who put in good groups at long ranges.
    If conditions are perfect and the pellets and barrel are in good order then why cant these sort of groups be achieved.
    Ive had sub 1/2 in groups with a TX200 HC in .177 at a measured 75 yards in still conditions (Ive had many disbelievers) so I see absolutely no reason why sub inch groups cant be achieved with a 12 ft/lb .177 PCP in windless conditions at 100 yards, I see absolutely no reason why a 32 ft/lb PCP cant achieve achieve 3/4 inch at 134 yards.
    There was a thread the other day about 40 yard groupings and apparently its impossible to get pellet on pellet at 40 yards with a 12 ft/lb rifle
    Well I did it last week, got 7 pellets through the same hole at 45 yards ( 3 fliers a few mm's away, wind)with my Huntsman, pellets straight form the tin, prone. Zeroed at 30 yards, aim points were exactly the same as Chairguns.
    If the mighty Chairgun program says its possible then it must be possible.
    I simply dont see why so many people disbelieve, what reason would people have to come on this forum and blatantly lie???

I just wish my range wasent so windy and was a bit longer.

Nice shooting, nice measuring, nice pictures

As an old time surveyor and i know this is not strictly airgun but, did you use a surveyors chain, metal tape, liinen tape, tellurometer or GPS - what degree of accuracy do the measurements have.

A couple of other questions

Regards
    OAP

Oh and one of your pictures has 130yds on it - is this a typing slip?
    ??...What a ridiculous question.....The road has gone as they have built a primary school there!

Why do people come out with this utter tosh??....Or is this now gary hot lips!??
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Oops - sorry - no offense intended

I dont know much about airpower but have been very surprised at the strength and accuracy that seem to be achievable.

I am impressed

itsaheadshot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Richards View Post
    It really annoys me when established members of this forum simply do not believe that decent groupings can be had with an air rifle at over 100 yards.
    Its really annoying when these members then continue to poke fun and take the p**s out of these members who put in good groups at long ranges.
    If conditions are perfect and the pellets and barrel are in good order then why cant these sort of groups be achieved.
    Ive had sub 1/2 in groups with a TX200 HC in .177 at a measured 75 yards in still conditions (Ive had many disbelievers) so I see absolutely no reason why sub inch groups cant be achieved with a 12 ft/lb .177 PCP in windless conditions at 100 yards, I see absolutely no reason why a 32 ft/lb PCP cant achieve achieve 3/4 inch at 134 yards.
    There was a thread the other day about 40 yard groupings and apparently its impossible to get pellet on pellet at 40 yards with a 12 ft/lb rifle
    Well I did it last week, got 7 pellets through the same hole at 45 yards ( 3 fliers a few mm's away, wind)with my Huntsman, pellets straight form the tin, prone. Zeroed at 30 yards, aim points were exactly the same as Chairguns.
    If the mighty Chairgun program says its possible then it must be possible.
    I simply dont see why so many people disbelieve, what reason would people have to come on this forum and blatantly lie???

I just wish my range wasent so windy and was a bit longer.
    I agree I'm scared to post my hits on here as I would get even more of hammering!!! At the end of the day if you BS your results you are only fooling yourself but I agree I can hit 100 yards plus quite consistantly with sub 12 ft/lbs with weather permitting and tools and me being on song! If you know your gun and your scope anything is achievable!!!

Oops - sorry - no offense intended

I dont know much about airpower but have been very surprised at the strength and accuracy that seem to be achievable.

I am impressed
    No problem, at least you see what i mean, sometimes (read as a lot!) people come on here and just look for the slightest thing to knock...even if it isn't there! (seems you aren't one of them..)
    I don't doubt that there are some people that are not quite as good as their imagination convinces them they are.......But very few are outright liars! IMO.

There are some who put a lot of time and effort into their LR Target, they don't get many decent days to practice their passion and rightly get upset when their claims are constantly dismissed, just because you (read as ME) cant do it, doesn't mean it can't be done.

XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

The rules are of markmanship aresimple 5% of shooters are serious & will achieve there goal,5% are practising & 90% are still dragging knuckles...knowing nothing but pointing a barrel & missing the target, or wounding a mamal.

I remember trying 100yrd targets at the gun club with my logun axsor .177 The hold over was crazy, well off the target but did managed 4-5" inch group. So with your gear and a very still day it's possible!