Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FWB 300S pellet preference

FWB 300S pellet preference

Having just received a lovely example of Feinwerkbauness courtesy of a fellow shooter taking pity on me, I would be interested to note the ammo those of you with your own 300s have found suits your barrel best.
    Trying a few shots in the garden this evening with some R10 pellets purchased from the club, I felt that the very tight fit in the barrel might be counter-productive for mega accuracy and would prefer a slightly slacker fit. To save me the usual arseing about checking out target flat heads, which I don't have a good selection of incidentally, I would be grateful if you could provide me with a selected short-list of suitable candidates before I commence battle with the gun in our new 10m indoor competition on Thursday night.
    Thank you gentlemen.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

edbear2 Guest
    I rang a friend........he swears by H+N finale match, but also said that RWS hobbies go surprisingly well, and perform far better than their low price would suggest.

I find Gecos run very well in mine. No doubt JSB Match, Finale Match or R10 will group better, but I'm not a good enough shot to notice the difference.

12 metre rested five shot group with Gecos.

Matt

The way you shoot Andy anything coming out of the barrel would be more than adequate.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

This was done with JSB Match Diablo Pistol pellets at 30 Yards.

http://cones-stuff.co.uk/Airguns/FWB...8Medium%29.jpg

But R10 Match 4.49 work well as do Gecos.

I've not tried the proper slightly heavier 10m rifle pellets in it yet though.

Thanks

Mark

Recommendation

I'm with Edbear, I used to have the pleasure of shooting in the GB team with my 300s and always swore by H+N match for competitions and Hobbies for practice.

Thanks for the feedback folks.

Following a brief zeroing session at 10m with the R10s (and a certain Mr Jones helping out with the secure fitment of the diopeter sight) my best group of the evening marked by Mr Jones himself went 44 ex 50, so I was well chuffed with how the gun performs. The trigger is sublime. Even better than the one on my Steyr, and once I manage to fully get used to the gun, I am hopeful of even better scores. Another friend was shooting his 300s and he was achieving better scores than I with his. Still, its early days , and we both enjoyed the evening and will re-commence battle tomorrow night when another mate will be present with one of those cheap Walther thingies.

Bought another tin of R10s, but will also try both Geco, Match Diablo JSBs and Hobbys as suggested. It certainly is highly addictive!

Andy

R10's

R10 rifle 8grain+ or the lighter 7 grain pistol wadcutters work well in mine - 4.48 mm head size
    They also make them in 4.49 and 4.50mm head sizes
    john
    hold me back !!

Mine likes JSB's. Slight preference for 4.52 to 4.51. I find it not to be too pellet fussy in any case.

As usual chaps, it would appear that the suggested variety of pellet food is wide and varied. A good point regarding the lack of the shooters grouping ability to notice that much of a difference anyway. My fellow club 300s user is managing much superior performance to myself thus far, but its early days and I still have to settle on a suitable hand position for the fore end. At the moment I am resting the gun on the top of my right hand which appears to steady my aim somewhat. I thought I had achieved a reasonable zero, but my son readjusted the diopeter a few clicks up for himself and I didnt have a chance to see if it will suit me better as well.

Its very absorbing and highly addictive this 10m lark isn't it?

Andy

Smile Holy Thread Revival!!

Well, having collected my 300S on Sunday, although I guessed that it would not be pellet fussy, a quick search revealed this old thread.

Thank you BBS.

I don't have any dedicated match pellets, but have plenty of Hobbies. Today was my first chance to try my newly acquired beaut out and I can confirm that it absolutely loves the Hobbies. So, nice and cheap and widely available. They'll certainly do for me for now, although I will try some others at a later point.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I tried the 8.4gn JSB flatheads in mine and they performed pretty well. Glad you're enjoying it Tone

I'm not just enjoying it, Mark, I'm absolutey loving it. This could be infatuation, BIG TIME, coming!

Cheers for the JSB tip.

Remembering back to this rifle's glory days, I suppose it would have been a toss-up between the RWS Meisterkugeln and H&N Match? I think the modern day RWS equivalent is the R10? That place where I got you those Superfields from last year do them cheap, methinks. Might have to pay them a visit.....
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Blast from the past - and Andy, hes from up north, still hasn't improved.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Glad you resurrected this old thread Tony !

My recently acquired F300s is having a "stock makeover" at present so I've not had chance to shoot it but I was wondering the same in respect of ammo choice !
    The seller, recommended JSB Exacts in 4.52 which I have but I intend to try a few others including Hobby's and R10's.

Eagerly awaiting its return to service !
    “An airgun or two”………