Thread: FWB 300S pellet preference

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FWB 300S pellet preference

Having just received a lovely example of Feinwerkbauness courtesy of a fellow shooter taking pity on me, I would be interested to note the ammo those of you with your own 300s have found suits your barrel best.
    Trying a few shots in the garden this evening with some R10 pellets purchased from the club, I felt that the very tight fit in the barrel might be counter-productive for mega accuracy and would prefer a slightly slacker fit. To save me the usual arseing about checking out target flat heads, which I don't have a good selection of incidentally, I would be grateful if you could provide me with a selected short-list of suitable candidates before I commence battle with the gun in our new 10m indoor competition on Thursday night.
    Thank you gentlemen.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

edbear2 Guest
    I rang a friend........he swears by H+N finale match, but also said that RWS hobbies go surprisingly well, and perform far better than their low price would suggest.

I find Gecos run very well in mine. No doubt JSB Match, Finale Match or R10 will group better, but I'm not a good enough shot to notice the difference.

12 metre rested five shot group with Gecos.

Matt

The way you shoot Andy anything coming out of the barrel would be more than adequate.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

This was done with JSB Match Diablo Pistol pellets at 30 Yards.

http://cones-stuff.co.uk/Airguns/FWB...8Medium%29.jpg

But R10 Match 4.49 work well as do Gecos.

I've not tried the proper slightly heavier 10m rifle pellets in it yet though.

Thanks

Mark

Recommendation

I'm with Edbear, I used to have the pleasure of shooting in the GB team with my 300s and always swore by H+N match for competitions and Hobbies for practice.