Thread: Sportsmatch GC2 -- rare version.

Smile Sportsmatch GC2 -- rare version.

Hi Everybody

I am new to the forum so hi to everybody I am looking for a bit of advice I have been shooting for many years and have in my collection of guns a rare full left hand SPORTSMATCH GC2 number serial number 23 which I was told by sportsmatch when last in for service they only ever made 3 in full left hand spec comes in .177 and in a very nice walnut feild target stock also a spare walnut stock which does not fit needs a little extra work to make fit.

The rifle was upgraded to full mk3 internals when in for last service I did keep the bag of all the parts that they changed for reference but they keep records of all work done so a easy check up. I would like to ask what the vaule of this rare rifle would be as I would like to sell it as I no longer use it thanks in advance if anybody can help with a vaule.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi benson29, welcome to the BBS, and in answer to your Q, to the right person, lots.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Welcome!
    Rockdrill or Bigwalk are the forum members that have their fingers on the pulse of GC2 rifles, so wait to see what they have to offer in the way of advice. If you have any pictures post a link to them as it makes valuing a lot easier.

Well I had a left hand version and I have seen more than one more so I dont think it was correct what yu were told. Even though it was from the horses mouth.

Before the downturn you could expect to sell for £650. However not now and not even close to that. The last one on here sold for £325...

One of the stalwart members of Tawd Vale has a left hand stock/action GC2 which he uses on a regular basis in competitions.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

sportsmatch GC2

Thanks for the replys I would like to add this CG2 is not a right hand action just fitted to a left hand stock the whole rifle is made as a left hand action with the saftey button fitted to the left side of the chamber and I would just like to ask from my first ever post what rule did I break from the first reply as I did not know I had broken any rules.????

I have also heard the only 3 made tale. I owned a full left handed Mk3 - can't recall number though and only recently sold it (cheaply as it needed a service) although it no longer had the l/h stock. I suspect there may be more than three, but probably not many more. In the current climate I don't think it will have value over and above the normal r/h version and being left handed may take longer to sell.

Realistically should be worth around £600, but you might struggle to get that.

Quote Originally Posted by benson29 View Post

Thanks for the replys I would like to add this CG2 is not a right hand action just fitted to a left hand stock the whole rifle is made as a left hand action with the saftey button fitted to the left side of the chamber and I would just like to ask from my first ever post what rule did I break from the first reply as I did not know I had broken any rules.????
    Wasn't aware that you had matey, but just in case, please read the sticky above regarding selling off the back of a valuation thread. If you do choose to sell this GC2 once you have established an asking price, do please start a separate thread (you can run one advert in the main rifles for sale section, and one here, as I am happy to see two adverts for it should it become available, as imho, it is indeed a collectable air rifle and merits being advertised in both ).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Left hand gc2

Thanks Rockdrill for your overview on price etc I think I will keep it as I do not think if is worth selling for say only £300 to £400 I would rather keep it and who knows one day it will re the Air-gun version of a Holland & Holland.

Your GC2 .

The GC2s that sell cheaply . have problems . won't hold air and in need of service or suchlike . left handers wether factory jobs or not are hard to sell . but i would have thought in good going condition that you would get £ 500 ? why not just shoot it . they are as good as any modern rifle . i used my GC2 last year for the GPs and there is not sterner test of a rifle than that . if the rifle needs a service , why not try stafforshire custom rifle SCR . they service em at a good price and can do custom work on them as the name suggests . then go out and kick some ass with it ??? HOLLY

Hi benson
    welcome to the forum, the red and green writing regarding breaking rules on the bottom of Gareth post is not aimed at you its his signature dont worry you have done nothing wrong
    enjoy the forum mate

regards Andy
    Gamo Phox .22
    BSA Lightning SE GRT .22
    tuned XS78 .22

Quote Originally Posted by benson29 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

Wasn't aware that you had matey, but just in case, please read the sticky above regarding selling off the back of a valuation thread. If you do choose to sell this GC2 once you have established an asking price, do please start a separate thread (you can run one advert in the main rifles for sale section, and one here, as I am happy to see two adverts for it should it become available, as imho, it is indeed a collectable air rifle and merits being advertised in both ).
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post

Hi benson
    welcome to the forum, the red and green writing regarding breaking rules on the bottom of Gareth post is not aimed at you its his signature dont worry you have done nothing wrong
    enjoy the forum mate

regards Andy.
    Aaahhhhhhh ... Now I see (cheers Andy ). Hi Benson, no hassle mate, that is just a standard statement that I have set to appear on all my posts/threads. Did this following a few scallywags moaning when they got a section removed from their access for a given period, for contravening the rules, without being told why. In no way aimed at you ...