Thread: Feinwerkbau 700 Evolution Top

Feinwerkbau 700 Evolution Top

As you may have already read in my previous posts I am looking to buy a new Feinwerkbau target rifle.

I have been looking at the 700 Universal and the 700 Aluminium but another relatively new model is the 700 Evolution Top. This model uses many of the same parts as the 700 Aluminium and has all the same adjustments but is a little lighter, which I tend to prefer.

Does anyone have any experience of this rifle?

Wink Feinwerkbau 700 Evolution Top / walther LG30

The evolution top seems quite like the Walther LG30. They had the Walther LG30 at surry guns & for the price si a great bit of kit.
    The Walther LG30 has the same workings as the ALU but the main difference is the stock & sights. Not as many ajustments but still a good guns but will be lighter.

The Evolution top also has the same workings as the 700ALU but again you will pay for the stock & sights (looks like sights are the same this could be why there is not so much of a price drop between the feinwerkbau v Walther).

What are you using & what are you averages?

Also check out the sight as it has most kit.
    http://www.euroshooting.eu/en/index....lynove&hledej=

Richard

I have now placed an order for a 700 Evolution Top with the German website http://www.schiesssport-buinger.de. There price was £465 cheaper than the best price I have been quoted by a UK shop.

A couple of members of my club have the 700 Aluminium so it will be interesting to compare.

£465

Did we get you a quote?

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    £465

Did we get you a quote?
    No but as you in the UK I would have to purchase face-to-face or have it sent to a UK dealer.

From Germany I can have it sent direct to my home and get a very good price for the rifle and the extra Centra front and rear sight iris.

Out of interest what could you have supplied the rifle for? The German site's price is EUR 1389 + EUR 26.90 to send it to the UK. At the current exchange rate that works out around £1180 for the rifle and £23 to send.

Could have had it delivered to your local dealer for ~£1300, so I'm assuming thats a hell of a lot less han your next best UK quote.

In fairness your local dealer may have added £20-50 to turn it around, unless you know them in which case £10 is usually enough. Its very simple, but as you say has to be done face to face in UK.

I've had dealings before with the German retailer you used and they were very good, although that was a few years ago IIRC

Looks like a great wee rifle that, I'm sure it will do you very well

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Could have had it delivered to your local dealer for ~£1300, so I'm assuming thats a hell of a lot less han your next best UK quote.

In fairness your local dealer may have added £20-50 to turn it around, unless you know them in which case £10 is usually enough. Its very simple, but as you say has to be done face to face in UK.

I've had dealings before with the German retailer you used and they were very good, although that was a few years ago IIRC

Looks like a great wee rifle that, I'm sure it will do you very well
    I just bought a 700 alu from demonloop, collected it today from my local RFD, great price and great service.....
    MG-1E

I have a P700 Jr (tricked up with sight-raiser blocks, fore-end shroud, Anschutz rear aperture sight) a P700 aluminium (stock standard) and recently tried out a new Evolution.

The Evolution is lighter and better suited to those of smaller stature than the full-size P700. The sights can be moved sideways on the Evolution (but not on the 700 or 700 Jr) and this may help those who cant their rifles. It shoots beautifully, just like the other two.

The stock on the Evolution lacks some of the adjustments of the 700/700 Jr, but it's fine for most purposes. I don't think they hava special fore-end for benchrest shooting as yet.

If you start on an Evolution, you'll love it. The P700 may feel a tad muzzle-heavy for some. The tricked up 700 Jr (this model no longer made, but you may find one second-hand) is just about perfect in all respects (the cylinder is a couple of inches shorter which helps with the balance). I like the full-size P700 and my 700 Jr, and I see no need to dispose of either for the sake of getting an Evolution. My 700 Jr with accessories is my "go-to" rifle, but I also love the 700.

It's basically a case of what you have is what you'll get used to. Looking through the sights you wouldn't be able to pick one model from the other. It's mostly weight and balance that will feel different.

They are all great and will out-shoot most of us until the proverbial cows come home.
    "Cheaper, faster, lighter - pick any two!"

Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    I have now placed an order for a 700 Evolution Top with the German website http://www.schiesssport-buinger.de. There price was £465 cheaper than the best price I have been quoted by a UK shop.

A couple of members of my club have the 700 Aluminium so it will be interesting to compare.
    Was there any customs hassle/duty to pay? What were the shipping costs? I think the state of the euro also helps to buy from germany.

Quote Originally Posted by subatomic View Post
    Was there any customs hassle/duty to pay? What were the shipping costs? I think the state of the euro also helps to buy from germany.
    There was no customs duty or VAT to pay as the goods were purchased tax paid in another EU country.

I ordered the rifle over the internet on 29 September. I received an email on the Monday 11 October to say they had been dispatched by DHL-Packet. On the Wednesday 13 October it was delivered to my home by Parcel Force. That's what I call good service. The total shipping cost was EUR 26.90.

On the same day as I ordered the rifle I ordered a Gehmann rifle case and 10 tins of pellets from Surrey Guns in the UK and I'm still waiting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post

On the same day as I ordered the rifle I ordered a Gehmann rifle case and 10 tins of pellets from Surrey Guns in the UK and I'm still waiting!!!
    opps looks like my order system has stoped working again we did have some problems with it at the end of september, is you PM me I will sort it out for you.

Sorry
    Peter Surrey guns