Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steyr LP50e

Steyr LP50e

hi folks
    anyone got the above pcp pistol.I am looking to upgrade on my LP5,but want to cover precision and rapid fire.I am unsure about the LP50,altho the barrel venting might help, and the trigger has changed, I believe the pull hasnt improved.
    Im told the 50e has a trigger comparable to the LP10.
    If it has it could be the all round gun.But then again it was a dealer trying to tell me this...
    I would like to know if anyone tried out the LP50e especially the Compact version, as the full size pistols seem to bulky
    thanky you

Yes.

I did a bit of a write up here :- http://www.cones-stuff.co.uk/Steyr%2...t%20Pistol.htm

The trigger is way better than on the LP50. As good if not better than the Mechanical LP10.

I found it shoots remarkably well as a single shot pistol. Rapid fire is fantastic, although I have had a couple of double tap discharges with the electronic trigger.

I've not tried the compact. But I think Lee (The Doctor) on here may have.

HTH

Mark

I read somewhere that the Great Britain team was given LP50's from Steyr and they decided to stick to the old LP5.

Why not try the precision and rapid fire stuff with the LP5 and see how it goes?

Lee (The Doctor) should have his now - i am sure he will share his views
    AAS200T.177 & S510SL .177. FWB P70(diopter), P70 FT(Big Nikko) Steyr LP10, LG110(Big Nikko), LG20(diopter) . The gun is deadly accurate - shame about the user

The LP50e should be the perfect air pistol - one gun far all disciplines. I have tried one (currently I shoot everything with an LP50) and would have swapped to the 'e' if it had not been for several people having gremlins leading to double taps, burst fire, and not going off at all... However these were all very early pistols, and I believe that Steyr quickly resolved the issue with new electronics. I have spoken to many people who think the gun is magnificent and have never had any issues.

So, if you are looking at a second hand one, I'd be careful and try to understand it's history and why it is for sale; but if you are looking at a new one you should be OK - but I would make sure it was a recent, bona fide Harry Preston import and not a grey one as Harry will sort you out if there are any problems.

McT

Lee has his standard length lp50e I was there when Harry got it out of the box, And give me the blue air cylinders for the lp50 I bought off Lee

Gary
    ISP Airstream mk3 March F 2.5/25mml. Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 leupold 20/50 Steyr 2014 hft March x 5/50 MTR3 ISP Airstream MK3 March x 8-80 silver, fx impact m3 element helix Ripley AR4 blue Burris 8/32 Steyr 2014 hot all .177

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    all I can say is LP50e - it is the most fun you can have with all of your clothes on - balance is better than the Lp50, there seems to be an improvement in the firing cycling (this is a subjective opinion) and the trigger.....well, I can't say anything more.

If you have the money and you want an all-rounder, go for the LP50e - the first two cards I did with mine rapid fire were a 49 and a 50 ex 50. I am not saying it is perfect, but it is really close :-)

Lee

PS - the compact version is nice, but you get less shots per charge, it is more hold sensitive and is only available for ladies :-) lol
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

Quote Originally Posted by McTrucky
    ...but I would make sure it was a recent, bona fide Harry Preston import and not a grey one as Harry will sort you out if there are any problems.

McT
    Why do you have to buy one from Harry? Free movement of goods etc means that they/he have to honour the warranty regardless of where you purchased in the EU, surely?

I'm sure Steyr would honour the warranty wherever the pistol was bought - however, Harry has a fabulous reputation for customer service and support; but if you bought from another shop who import directly, then I am pretty sure any problem would be referred back to who ever they imported from, be that Steyr direct (but I think Steyr only supply direct to the UK through Harry) or another intermediary somewhere; but not Harry, and not in the UK. And when it is out of warranty, a year or two down the line, Harry is still interested in happy customers...

May well be academic, you may never have a problem. You pays your money and takes your choice.

McT

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    I have a Steyr LP50e compact and I can confirm that it is a superb pistol. The early batch had an electronics glitch that caused double tapping but they were all changed. The trigger is superb, as good as the LP10e. The compact is better ballanced and used by many of the top shooters, we have four compacts in our club, one used by a junior lady, two by old men (my category!) and one by a national squad man. If they are a ladies gun, don't tell Harry as it was his idea and his son who is not too shabby a shot (mild understatment!) uses one.
    The only problem I had was initialy (first 300 shots-ish) it had an occasional tendancy to jump a shot, we suspected a fine burr on the magazines, Harry was going to replace them but it cured itself before we got around to it and has been perfect ever since (5 tins) .
    I get 50+ shots from the short cylinder, and they come with two. The only possible problem if you shoot 25mt is that the electronic cannot be wound up to such high velocity as the non, but many people still use them very succesfully at 25mts, just don't leave it fine on time for your last shot. The other problem is if you have very small hands the electronic grip is a little more full than the non, and for those with short fingers the trigger is not adjustable back far enough. I have small hands and short fingers but find the superb trigger compensates so much I still get good results.
    When in Austria a couple of weeks back we visited Steyr, it is a superb, friendly, but tiny operation that has the philosophy of an F1 car builder, they are driven by performance and quality. Harry is highly thought of by them, I doubt you will get a better deal any where else.
    Good Shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by McTrucky View Post
    I'm sure Steyr would honour the warranty wherever the pistol was bought - however, Harry has a fabulous reputation for customer service and support; but if you bought from another shop who import directly, then I am pretty sure any problem would be referred back to who ever they imported from, be that Steyr direct (but I think Steyr only supply direct to the UK through Harry) or another intermediary somewhere; but not Harry, and not in the UK. And when it is out of warranty, a year or two down the line, Harry is still interested in happy customers...

May well be academic, you may never have a problem. You pays your money and takes your choice.

McT
    I have had Steyr parts from a uk based shop who ordered them direct from Steyr.

The one thing I can say about Steyr pistols is that once you try a few, you are bound to end up buying one at some point...you really can't get much better.

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    I have had Steyr parts from a uk based shop who ordered them direct from Steyr.

The one thing I can say about Steyr pistols is that once you try a few, you are bound to end up buying one at some point...you really can't get much better.
    Can't be sure but I suspect that the Steyr direct they ordered from was Harry who is Steyr UK, and Harry is very highly regarded by Steyr.
    As for your other point, what more can I say owning two, just buy one you know you'll give in eventually!
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Can't be sure but I suspect that the Steyr direct they ordered from was Harry who is Steyr UK, and Harry is very highly regarded by Steyr.
    As for your other point, what more can I say owning two, just buy one you know you'll give in eventually!
    Good shooting
    Robin
    no the shop in question had to wait a few weeks to get the parts from steyr in Germany to get into the country and the shop owner said he ordered the part I needed direct from Steyr...no mention of Harry Preston in any form at all.

Just for the record Steyr is in Austria and very proud of it, not Germany, sounds like he went through a convaluted route, perhaps he may have got it faster if he had ordered from Harry.
    Walther have no intention of making a 5 shot LP400 as they see the market too small, so the Lp50e is not only the best it's near enough the only one. Does any one shoot the FWB 5 shot at any highish level, they still list the model 58, Ive seen a few of the old ones about but not any of the new ones?
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 14-10-2010 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Just for the record Steyr is in Austria and very proud of it, not Germany, sounds like he went through a convaluted route, perhaps he may have got it faster if he had ordered from Harry.
    Walther have no intention of making a 5 shot LP400 as they see the market too small, so the Lp50e is not only the best it's near enough the only one. Does any one shoot the FWB 5 shot at any highish level, Ive seen a few of the old ones about but not any of the new ones?
    Robin
    Steyr may be in Austria, but they are German owned.

Fastest and cheapest way to get Steyr parts is via Germany in my experience.