Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steyr LP50e

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Keep it quiet though, strictly under the grips!
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

You've lost me

Anshutz is engraved under the grip! Not visible without removing the grip.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

With you now. I think its fairly common knowledge anyway, anyone lookng at an Anschutz pistol will see the familiarity

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Just for the record Steyr is in Austria and very proud of it, not Germany, sounds like he went through a convaluted route, perhaps he may have got it faster if he had ordered from Harry.
    Walther have no intention of making a 5 shot LP400 as they see the market too small, so the Lp50e is not only the best it's near enough the only one. Does any one shoot the FWB 5 shot at any highish level, they still list the model 58, Ive seen a few of the old ones about but not any of the new ones?
    Robin
    Steyr Mannlicher is Austrian but Steyr Sportwaffen is Anschutz which is a German company.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Steyr may be in Austria, but they are German owned.

Fastest and cheapest way to get Steyr parts is via Germany in my experience.
    Thankyou Mr. Demonloop for confirming what I was saying and that Harry Preston is not the be all and end all for Steyr parts and guns in the U.K.

Steyr Sportwaffen is in Ernsthofen, Austria, the guns are made there in Austria and supplied from Austria. It is an Austrian company with a 51% share holding from Anschutz, a German company.
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Steyr Sportwaffen is in Ernsthofen, Austria, the guns are made there in Austria and supplied from Austria. It is an Austrian company with a 51% share holding from Anschutz, a German company.
    Robin
    guess that Anschutz must make parts or store Steyr parts then?

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    guess that Anschutz must make parts or store Steyr parts then?
    They certainly supply/store Steyr parts, not sure if they make any though.

Second hand

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    Steyr Mannlicher is Austrian but Steyr Sportwaffen is Anschutz which is a German company.

Thankyou Mr. Demonloop for confirming what I was saying and that Harry Preston is not the be all and end all for Steyr parts and guns in the U.K.
    I bought a Steyr LP10 second hand (official import originally bought from NSRA, still in warranty, with receipt) and when I talked to Mr. Preston he informed me the guarantee only applies to the first owner and if anything went wrong, I'd have to pay for it.
    Not what I call good service.
    Luckily, nothing has gone wrong...yet. (Touch wood, fondle rabbit's foot etc).

Guarantee

Not sure which law it actually is, however I believe that in English law for this to apply the condition would have to be written into the initial guarantee. So if it goes wrong, suggest you give Steyr a call....
    MG-1E

Quote Originally Posted by majex45 View Post
    I bought a Steyr LP10 second hand (official import originally bought from NSRA, still in warranty, with receipt) and when I talked to Mr. Preston he informed me the guarantee only applies to the first owner and if anything went wrong, I'd have to pay for it.
    I suggest you email Steyr, asking them about the warranty, and tell them what you have been told by the UK importer.

It's prudent to get an answer back from them in writing, in case anything should go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by majex45 View Post
    If it was bought new from the NSRA, it is not an offical import. They fell out with Harry a few years ago (over what I don't know) but there are still bad feelings on both sides.

McT

Quote Originally Posted by McTrucky View Post
    If it was bought new from the NSRA, it is not an offical import. They fell out with Harry a few years ago (over what I don't know) but there are still bad feelings on both sides.

McT
    Offical import means absolutely nothing. In fact the term 'grey import' was invented (IMO) to put UK buyers off buying the exact same thing cheaper overseas; the term 'grey' somehow suggesting inferior goods or lesser quality.

The UK importer might decide he doesn't want to stand over the warranty, thats a choice for him.

Worry free?

Thanks for the advice, if it goes wrong I'll ask Steyr direct. However I have a Webley Premier that is more than 30 years old and it hasn't gone wrong yet, should I expect the Steyr to be more delicate than the old (agricultural) Webley?

They are a bit more delicate to be fair, but if treated properly they are fine. Great bit of engineering.