Thread: Makarov MP654K for sale

Newmarket, Suffolk. More than a one horse town!

Makarov MP654K for sale

SOLD! One Makarov MP654K owned by me from new, and little used. Exterior near perfect, couple of small marks underneath caused by removing slide. A few scratches on magazine. Perfect working order, seals all good holding gas well, part used capsule left in to prove. Comes with seals, original box (tatty) and tools, handbook and even brown paper wrapping. Having a clear out so one of my prized toys must go! £100 posted, or you can collect. Paypal accepted.
    Pictures here >> http://www.century20war.co.uk/page56.html
    Now SOLD
    Last edited by Orangeherald; 30-09-2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Item now sold.
    Join BASC. You know it makes sense!

Just one bump. Nobody interested? I will put it back in the toybox then!

Provisionaly sold to Sparker, pending the usual.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Hello, just a question out of curiosity, does this pistol have a rifled barrel?

Cheers
    Garry

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    All my Maks have had rifled barrels, it's a mistake to use steel BBs in them as it trashes the rifling,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Just a brief point here but what is the point of rifling on a bb pistol anyway ?

Does it have any REAL function with bbs , and if so what exactly ?

I am just trying to picture in my mind how a bb ( steel or lead ) would behave under power and travelling at increasing speed down a rifled barrel ...

Unlike a pellet or Bullet there is nothing there to pick up the tracks of the rifling is there ? I see how spin would be imparted to it , so it would be , just adrift ...

I mean to be pedantic because I actually like the idea of the rifling being there on quality models like the Mak but I am not sure why its there ??

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    Hello, just a question out of curiosity, does this pistol have a rifled barrel?

Cheers
    Garry
    Yes. The story goes that they were intended for use with lead ball, but when they were imported to the USA, they wanted the small packet of lead balls replaced with steel bb. These work fine, and being small enough to ride inside the rifling cause no trouble but accuracy suffers. They work with lead ball and single loaded pellets (direct into barrel) but the tight fit of the magazine means lead ball can be troublesome to feed. The whole pistol is steel and solidly made and feels like its 9mm cousin.
    Last edited by Orangeherald; 30-09-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: typo!

PHOBUS

I have an Anschutz mod275 that is a BB rifle, yup it has a rifled barrel, it's 4.4mm bore and only uses BB size lead shot (ie, 4.4mm or .173")
    I think it would still spin the ball even though it doesn't have parallel side (though i may be wrong and usually am )

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Rifling

As long as the lead ball is a tight enough fit to engage in the rifling it will spin when fired.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.