Thread: .25 Gem

.25 Gem

Hi all
    I have a old Gem in .25 Cal after a value on this please its in good condition for a 100 year old airgun and shoots very well and all origanal and not been messed with.
    Your thoughts please.
    JJJJJJ

p.s Its the Large one 39 1/2 inches long
    Last edited by jjjjjj; 01-10-2010 at 11:40 PM.

If it is any indication of the current market value...I bought a refinished .25 cal heavy model JM No3 Tbar at aucton for a hammer price of £55 last week from Holt's...(commission and P+P brought the fnal price to about £93)

At 39 1/2 inches, your Gem could be a heavy model Eisenwerke Gaggenau number 17...Got any pics?
    blah blah

Thanks dave
    That gem site is great, i have had a few gems in the past and just sold them on for very little money they are so under valued, i think they should be worth a lot more for a 100 year airgun that still works well today, the .25 i have now hits quite hard it had a tight spot on the piston but i have now sorted that.
    Thanks again
    JJJJJJ

No probs and thanks for your kind words re. the Gem forum

For what it's worth, I think Gems should be worth more too, but they just aren't...having said that, if your Gem is in good original condition it would be worth a bit more on here...maybe £100-120?...still not much though is it, a measly quid for every year it's spent on this earth!
    blah blah

Hi Dave
    I think the day will come when gems will fetch the money they deserve, look at it this way you can buy most spring guns from the 1960's to date at almost anytime, but how many gems turn up for sale, not many, i have been looking at gun shops on the net that had gems and they always have sold on them, (so people want them) i think these are the airguns to buy for any future investment, but i dont really want them for there value i want them for what the represent there history and the thought of where was they in the war years and so on and who was useing them, just wish they could talk,
    JJJJJJ