Thread: Steyr AUG Z 5.56/.223

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You haven't found a load for one, Mark? I can't find any details of one online.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstuff View Post
    I use an ACOG on mine and it works well on the range, i even used it on a fox last month, although for fox work i prefered the Leupold 3-9x50 i used to have on it. The rifle is just the job if you're shooting from inside vehicles though
    Probably should have fitted an ACOG myself. After the SUSAT had the mount modified, it probably sits higher overall, and what I really liked was being able to get a good cheek-weld whilst using a scope; a lot of bullpups can't manage this.

It looks funny as Hell on the rifle. Because they have no eye relief, it has a long reach-back mount which sits it roughly at the start of the ejection port. Has to come off to fit in a case too.

It would be an excellent scope for a flat-top AR, but the Steyr rail is just a bit too high.

Yeah the trigger is the main negative point, mine measured at 12lb out of the box! I have a Trigger Tamer now (very easily installed yourself) but the pull is still about 7-7.5lb

Cracking little rifle though, very comfortable to shoot and gets plenty of attention at the range. Superb for a practical rifle discipline if you fancy something different from an AR or an AK.

I wonder if anyone knows where I can get hold of a 'tulip' style flashhider just to authenticate the look.

Just fitted a" neu" trigger to mine. Trying it out this weekend. It certainly feels a lot crisper.

Quote Originally Posted by martindl99 View Post
    Just fitted a" neu" trigger to mine. Trying it out this weekend. It certainly feels a lot crisper.
    Still not done this. I seem to have found a load it likes, but the group was around 1/2" an inch (100m). The trigger was probably to blame, I had a perfect position from a rest, with virtually no crosswind.

Hopefully it will do well at 300 yards this weekend, but since it is Bisley, I wouldn't be surprised if the wind leaves me guessing. The scope could be a little better set-up too.

The action is easing up, and it is becoming very pleasant to shoot.
    If they could easily fit a bipod, and came with a better factory trigger it would be a marvellous choice of rifle.

Steyr AUG Z SP

Hi there.

I'm another Steyr AUG owner in the UK. Taken it down Bisley a couple of times this year and really enjoy shooting it.

Can I ask how to get a trigger tamer, neu-trigger or magazines from America?

I'd like to get something for the trigger as soon as possible and a few spare mags would also be good.

very good question how do you get the tamers in the uk

Quote Originally Posted by ASHCROFT View Post
    very good question how do you get the tamers in the uk
    Import them. I can probably answer most accessory questions, and quite a few technical ones, so PM me if you need something specific. The old trigger-tamers are not about any more, or as far as I know. The current trigger improvement most use is the Neu-Trigger, and they are sold on Gunbroker.com.

Just make sure the seller does international sales. You will need to ask them via a message, they virtually all list no in their sales adverts. I am fairly certain it will fit this model of AUG, but I need to check as I believe these things were designed for the Microtech copy, although some have them fitted to Sabre Defence A3 AUGs which were built for Steyr with many genuine parts.

Re magazines: they are cheaper from Austria. Getting U.S exports of AUG mags would be very difficult; any part is hard enough.