Thread: Steyr AUG Z 5.56/.223

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ASHCROFT View Post
    very good question how do you get the tamers in the uk
    Import them. I can probably answer most accessory questions, and quite a few technical ones, so PM me if you need something specific. The old trigger-tamers are not about any more, or as far as I know. The current trigger improvement most use is the Neu-Trigger, and they are sold on Gunbroker.com.

Just make sure the seller does international sales. You will need to ask them via a message, they virtually all list no in their sales adverts. I am fairly certain it will fit this model of AUG, but I need to check as I believe these things were designed for the Microtech copy, although some have them fitted to Sabre Defence A3 AUGs which were built for Steyr with many genuine parts.

Re magazines: they are cheaper from Austria. Getting U.S exports of AUG mags would be very difficult; any part is hard enough.

thanks for the info, i picked up some mags from germany via some info on an older steyr thread on here at half the cost of uk ones

I contacted the guy who designed,makes and sells the neu trigger and will not post out of the usa.
    The ones on gunbroker are his so you cannot get those either??

will not post out of the usa
    I use........http://www.myamericanshopper.com/
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Quote Originally Posted by benelli View Post
    I contacted the guy who designed,makes and sells the neu trigger and will not post out of the usa.
    The ones on gunbroker are his so you cannot get those either??
    Ah, I hadn't ordered one yet. It doesn't surprise me. If you are active of forums like The High Road or AR15.com, some of the members there will forward things to you.

Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post
    Wow, that looks useful! And they don't object to parts, optics and so fourth?

Quote Originally Posted by Korium View Post
    Ah, I hadn't ordered one yet. It doesn't surprise me. If you are active of forums like The High Road or AR15.com, some of the members there will forward things to you.

Wow, that looks useful! And they don't object to parts, optics and so fourth?
    I haven't ordered Optics from them only general parts, target iron sights, spring sets, reloading gear, stock pieces, shirts & jeans.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

I have sourced some used 30 round Aug mags if anybody is intetested,and am waiting to see if 9 and 42 are available.
    Price of the 30's are 50 quid for 2 plus postage,pm me if intetested.

STEYR AUG-Z Thread Size

Hi,

I am after putting a moderator on my AUG-Z, can some kind soul let me know what the thread is on these.

Thanks Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sfurby View Post
    hi,

i am after putting a moderator on my aug-z, can some kind soul let me know what the thread is on these.

Thanks steve
    1/2" unf

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts View Post
    1/2" unf
    Can anyone confirm someone else has said 1/2 x 20 unf, which one is correct