Thread: any infomation on this air rifle please

any infomation on this air rifle please

any iformation on this air rifle please.i have looked at the pics on the web.the rifle resembles a bsa standard,but iam not sure any help please.it is an under lever with a release button on the end of underlever.2load is stamped on the barrel.it has 3 screws around the trigger mechanism.the serial number is s1333.any ideas as to the age of the air rifle.its very clean and shoots clean through a 5 litre dulux paint tin at 50 paces,with a .22 elley wasp pellet.beats my sharp innova anyday.cheers folks.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi scania, and welcome to the BBS. Being in .22, your rifle shouts out BSA Standard to me, but it could just as easily be one of the big German jobs of the 1920s/1930s, too? Any chance of getting some photos up via links to an external hosting site? That way, we would maybe be able to offer a bit of a better 'best guess' ? I'll check the number you give against my BSA list when I get home tonight, unless another kind soul does so in the meantime . Atb, and once again, welcome to the BBS -- particularly 'Collectors Corner' which imo, is the best bit by a country mile : G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 04-10-2010 at 09:45 AM. Reason: house keeping.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

My guess is that serial No S1333 is a BSA Standard No2, made between 1919 and 1920 ...
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by scania View Post
    any iformation on this air rifle please.i have looked at the pics on the web.the rifle resembles a bsa standard,but iam not sure any help please.it is an under lever with a release button on the end of underlever.2load is stamped on the barrel.it has 3 screws around the trigger mechanism.the serial number is s1333.any ideas as to the age of the air rifle.its very clean and shoots clean through a 5 litre dulux paint tin at 50 paces,with a .22 elley wasp pellet.beats my sharp innova anyday.cheers folks.
    Ha ha, NO It doesn,t !
    The standard will make 10-11 Fpe ish & the Innova will ( Suitably turned down ) make 12 Fpe.

I have had a couple of both & The Standard is a very nice gun , But an
    Innova is recoilless & a legend, Ged

PS ( Now how many Innova,s Aces do you want )
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 04-10-2010 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Pic added,

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Ha ha, NO It doesn,t !
    The standard will make 10-11 Fpe ish & the Innova will ( Suitably turned down ) make 12 Fpe.

Ged- it could be that his Innova isn't in too good condition and needs new seals, i can't imagine why he would lie about it

Scania- does it look the same as this

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

Pic 7

FWIW- this is what's left of an Eley Wasp (a proper Eley Wasp not one of those new crappy ones) after shooting it at a patio slab (from about a foot away!)

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Smile

Hello Gentlemen, I have a similar rifle, serial number S18206. Any approximations on the value?
    Thanks
    Ed

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed51 View Post

Hello Gentlemen, I have a similar rifle, serial number S18206. Any approximations on the value?
    Thanks
    Ed
    ... Hi Ed and welcome to the BBS. Probably around the £125/£150 mark, give or take . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Ha ha, NO It doesn,t !

HI Ged........For some reason......I find the pre WW1 .22 "sporting" .22's make more power than the 1920's / 30's Standards in .22......I am sure it is something to do with the stroke / piston (the later guns have a heavy piston with an "extension" behind the second bearing surface to the rear)..

Anyhow, the .22 1911 45" gun I have, which has original BSA stamped springs, does 595 fps with H+N ftt's in 5.54